Chapter 31: Mom & Jonathan

October, Saturday
CLARY

I groaned feeling heavy and tired. Seriously how many shots did I take last night? I shifted and bumping to Jace's body. I slightly opened my eyes and realized that we are at Izzy's guest bedroom and the sun is up already.

I slowly get up and look around.

I grab my phone to check the time. I gasp.

It's already 10 in the morning. We need to go to work, I thought to myself. But who am I kidding? I bet Izzy's still here and we have the girls to open up the store.

I shake my head a little and decided that I should probably go downstairs.

I kissed Jace's forehead before I leave.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs I can hear plenty of voices, of course I wasn't expecting any visitors at this house since we practically see each other every single day. I go inside of the kitchen and was surprise to see Mom and Jonathan and little Sean with Izzy and Simon arguing with each other.

"Good Morning!" I say breaking the ice. They all looked at me with those eyes, those eyes that I hate the most.

"By the Angel, what the hell are you thinking getting drunk last night?" My mom exclaims, I was about to respond but she cut me off.

"To think that you got drunk with that Sebastian around?" She says annoyingly.

I sigh and literally slap myself.

"I'm fine okay?" I say.

"It was not okay. Have you forgotten what happened that year?" She asks with worry. I cringe and stood like a statue. Remembering it, freaks me the hell out. It's like I've been in the worst nightmare ever, well it was worst.

"What happened?" We hear a voice. It was Jace of course, I turn around and gave him the silly smile I can muster.

"Good morning... " I say.

"Don't... What happened?" He says as he looks me in the eyes with a brooding look.

I sighed.

"Seriously, it was nothing. " I say.

"Nothing?" My mom stood up from the chair, looking upset.

"It was not, nothing. And seriously, Izzy, have you forgotten about it too? I'm sure Simon told you all about it..." My mom looks at Izzy. Izzy looks down on the floor, guilty.

"Mom, would you stop? We're not like fifteen in here anymore..." I say.

"Clarissa!!" says my name with such tone.

"I'm sorry!" I say.

"No, I'm sorry, you were right, you are all adults here. But please, don't do that ever again!" She tells me. She then looks at Izzy and Simon.

"It's alright, Jocey. I'm sure my mom will be same as you if she's here." Izzy says.

"You guys, stop talking like I'm not here. What happened? What are you guys talking about?" Jace asks surprisingly annoyed.

"What do you want to hear? The long version or short version?" I ask straight on point because I know I will not be able to stop him asking..

"Shorter the better. "

"Short story, Sebastian kidnapped Clary and almost raped her..." Jon answered for me, since he saw the look on my face.

Jace mouth fell open and seconds later he's shaking. He's shaking in anger. I sigh and pull him to the chair and let him sit.