Chapter 33:

JACE

I admit I was a bit worried earlier when Clary isn't answering my calls and it took me a while to realize that I should call Izzy and when I called her my worries flew away. She just over slept and I don't blame her, Izzy told me that Clary was a bit worried last night. Well she told me she looks like it even though she didn't mention it.

"Hey, Jace... " Jon calls me. I look at him from where I stand.

"Yeah? "

"Nothing, just, you look nervous.. " He says. My eyebrows knotted.

Indeed I am nervous and I don't know why, it's not like it's my wedding. It's Jocelyn and Luke's wedding and I don't need to be nervous, but then again here I am getting nervous.

"Just.. don't mind me. " I say. He chuckles.

Jon snorted.

 "Luke!!!" Jon yells for Luke.

Luke comes in to the music room and look worried. "What is it?" He asks.

"Nothing Luke. Just that look at Jace, and tell me what you see? " Jon asks teasingly. I rolled my eyes.

Luke gave me a look and seconds later he is grinning like a mad man.

"Are you the one who is getting married here?" Luke asks me amusingly.

"No I'm not.... "

"Well why are you nervous?" Luke asks me.

"I don't really know.. " I say exasperatedly.

The both of them laughed.

"Jace. Jace..." I hear Imogen's soft voice, she's here, I thought to myself.

"Oh he's here, Gen. " Luke says with a grin..

Gen came to view together with Will. I give Gen a hug and a quick peck on her cheeks.

"You look good in that suit Jace.." she tells me with a soft smile.. I smiled back at her.

"Thank you..."

"Well I honestly can't wait for your wedding to come..." She says amusingly. I gulped and mentally slap myself.

"Oh yes, we can't either, given the fact that he's nervous right now. " Jon says with a smirk. Gen and Will looks at me with a wide smile.

"Seriously? The great Jace Herondale getting nervous..." Will teased.

"Oh shut it, Will..." I say annoyingly.

------------------------------------------------
It was already five when the girls arrived and that moment when Clary got out of the car, Jace started to get nervous more, his heart beats faster than usual. Her dress that he saw for the first time since Clary won't let him go to their fittings even her sketches, she won't let Jace get a glimpse of it..

"You see that? That's my sister and you are marrying her next month..." Jon nudge Jace to his side, slightly teasing him.. Jace scoffs, "seriously, you don't have to tease me.."

Clary smiles genuinely at Jace when their gaze both landed to each other. She felt really lovely, her mom's getting married and she couldn't ask for more.. 

"You know it's weird that you are staring like you are marrying me today..." Clary says as she stops right in front of Jace. Jon lets out a low chuckle, he was about to tease them some more but Jace beats him to it..

"To tell you the truth, I am nervous..." Jace says with a soft smile, caressing her right cheek.. Clary felt her blood reach her cheeks.. She was blushing.