Chapter 14: Imogen

July, Thursday
CLARY

I woke up early today to do pilates and afterwards I went straight to the gallery. My mum is in the counter looking some papers. She smiled when she saw me, It's already ten in the morning and Imogen will be here later.

"How was your work out?" Mom asks nicely. Ever since Luke proposed to her she's been in a jolly mood. And I'm so happy for her.

"It was fine. Did you call Jon about the wedding?.." I ask her. She sighs, putting down the papers, glancing at me "I haven't. I can't even reached him, you know your brother is..." She tells me, I sighed as I sat on the couch. Jon is pretty mess up, he's been living on the road, since his dream is to become a famous rock star. Not that it's bad, just that he left without saying goodbye to us, he just left a letter. And calls every once in awhile.

"I'll seriously beat the crap out of him, if he goes home..." I told mom in a joking way. She chuckles.

The bell rang around 10:30 making us look at the entrance. There Imogen stands. She was smiling and she saw me. She always looks descent like a business woman who always in a meeting. That made me flushed since I'm only wearing my work out clothes with a denim polo over it. My eyes widens and cover my self.

"Oh, there's no need for that Clary. " She tells me with a genuine smile.

"I may be old, but I know how women of this generation dress up..." She humors.

"It's nice to see you again, Imogen.." Mum greeted her. Imogen greeted her back, as I gulped and greeted her also.

"Jocelyn, I need to borrow your daughter. Do you mind?" She asks nicely. Mum smiles.

"Of course not.." She tells her.

"Great..." she beams clasping her hands together.. She turns to look at me and smile, "Right. We should talk to my office Mrs. Herondale.." I tell her.

"Call me Imogen.." she says, I nodded and  gestured for her to follow me in my office at the back. Mum told me that she'll bring us cappuccinos and cookies. I smile back at her.

Imogen took a seat on my couch looking around my office, since it's very artsy in here I'm sure she's liking it. Seconds later mum came in bringing the cappuccinos and cookies she left us afterwards to talk.

"Tell me Clary, are you dating anyone?" She asks me abruptly that I almost choke on my cappuccino. I blinked looking at her. She seems serious.

"I don't think I'm ready to date again..." I tell her honestly.

"Not to be rude. But I'll get to the point. I really like you Clary. And I think you are perfect for the job..." She tells me, I frowned. What job is she talking about? I thought to myself.

"I'm sure you are very aware of my sickness? " I nodded.

"And you're aware about my Jace's attitude..." I nodded again.

"I want you to help me, to get him settle..." She tells me. I coughed.

"What do you mean? "

"Jace likes you..."

"I'm sorry. But I think you're just mistaken. Jace and I are just playing a bet. Sure we're friends. But I don't think I'll be able to date him..." I tell her.