namjoon

jungkook remembers how the tall male hadn't really done anything to him. he appreciates that. he respects that. if jungkook had to pick which of them was actually the nicest, he'd pick the tallest male.
he was the only one that hadn't done anything to him, except when he made him- but other than that, the older male was distant... it made the boy curious as to why he was like that...

...

jungkook peeked from the lockers on the opposite end as he watched namjoon get things from his locker. and that's when the boy saw it.

a picture.

it was three boys smiling close together as they held one another tightly, smiling as if someone was taking their picture. but who was the-

it was dumb of the boy to lean forward as the locker suddenly fell out of the lockers, causing the older male to turn back in surprise.

"jungkook" he said in wide eyes as he helped the boy up. jungkook thanked him, but couldn't keep his eye off of the picture. "what are you l-"

he stopped as he followed the boy's eyes to the picture. he shut his locker quickly and stood in front of it.

"who was th-"
"it's not nice to look at other people's stuff.." he whispered, making jungkook look taken back as he cleared his throat. "sorry..."

the older male sighed as he rubbed the back of his head. "it's okay, I'm sorry for saying it like that.."

"hyung... who's the other boys in the picture?... i assume it's you, but with who?"

namjoon said nothing as he opened his locker and grabbed the picture before giving it to the boy so he could look himself.

jinnie, joonie and hobi best friends forever!

jungkook chuckled as he looked at their goofy faces.

"why do you keep it in your locker?" jungkook questioned as the older male flashed a small smile. "memories y'know... i was friends with them first, i always stayed by their side... this- this is just a reminder for me that no matter what happens, we'll always stay together and protect one another..."

jungkook looks at him with understanding eyes as he hugs the older male tightly on his tippy toes.

"what's wrong?" the older male whispered as the younger male shook his head. "that's really sweet of you... to always think of your friends like that..."

"yeah... it's just now, now we're in high school and i-" he became silent as jungkook tilted his head, "you what?"

namjoon mumbled some things as jungkook stepped forward, "you what?"

"I like one of them..." namjoon whispered as he looked away. "but he doesn't like me..."

"you don't know that... have you ever told-"
"i told one... and he blew me off... stating that we're better off as friends..."

"who?" the older male remained silent as the boy began to wonder. hoseok or jin... who? "... jin hyung..."

the boy's eyes widen as he thought that secretly they probably had feelings for one another... apparently not. he wondered how long namjoon had fallen for the older male and kept it as a secret from the group... no wonder why he'd always stay by the older male's side. it wasn't because of friendship, but because of.... his feelings.

"hyung..." the older male just smiled as he waved the boy off. he ruffled his hair as he held up a finger to his lips. "please don't tell the others..."

the boy nods as they smile at one another before walking together into their next class.

---

jungkook could briefly remember that memory as he smiled and took out a picture he has with namjoon.

namjoon is someone who he'd admire and want to hold on to for a long time. although he did have feelings for him at one point, they faded as he started to sense something off. he always wondered why he never really made a move on him....

and now he knew why.