11. Dark Brotherhood

Start from the beginning

I obeyed her and drank the foul liquid. It tasted like the worst mead ever mixed with so high ammount of sugar that makes you vomit. But I survived it.

"I suggest you to go see Morpheus now. He is not a patient person. You'll find him in his room which is on the right when you get out of here."

I nodded. She left in a blink of an eye. I stood on my feet and felt my strength growing back. I could walk normally, but I was still a bit unsure about running.

I went the way I was instructed. When I walked out of the room, I found myself in a long hall. I looked on the right seeing at the and of the hall a big entrance to a large room. I suppose this is where I should go.
The room was even bigger than I imagined it. In front of me were stairs on which stood a big bed surrounded by shelves and small tables. On my left was a manequinn dressed in black and red robes. Right next to it was a large wooden desk.

Room was empty. Like nobody was here. But I still felt presence somewhere. I looked up facing a fured human-like creature starring at me. It was a Khajiit. Male Khajiit. His eyes were orange and matched perfectly with his dark fur. I noticed a big scar streching over his nose. He jumped in front of me.

"Well done, newcomer. Not everyone can sense a presence in the room. You have some skill."

I just looked at him as he spoke in specific accent. He was smiling, showing his white fangs.

"Oh, how rude of this Khajiit. Let him introduce himself. Dar'Zirno. Thief and assassin. And also a werewolf."

He said taking my hand and shaking it. I smirked.

"A cat and dog, huh?"

His expression changed a bit after hearing my provocation. His smile grew wider.

"You can say that way. But wheter a dog or a cat, this Khajiit is deadly. To everyone."

I took that as a warning. It's not very smart of me to mess with them. They are all very skillful and unpredictible assassins.

"I see you already met our pet."

I heard a smooth and cold voice behind me. Both, Dar'Zirno and I looked at Morpheus who stood there, leaned on the entrance.

"Well, at least this Khajiit is not a lunatic with voices in his head."

Morpheus smirked at Dar'Zirno's comment. I did not get the joke if it was a joke. Well, it's obvious Morpheus is a lunatic, but I would say the same goes for everybody else in this Sanctuary how they call it.
Khajiit walked out of the room, leaving Morpheus and me alone.

"Why am I here?"

I broke the silence and went straight on the topic. Morpheus made fake shocked expression.

"Don't you think you're a bit rude? I saved your life."

"And also tried to take it."

He laughed at my comment. I frowned.

"Oh, my dear, if I wanted you dead you would lie in a muddy pit before you would even realize what is happening."

I gulped. I believed that was truth. At least very close to truth.

"Well, I did not want to kill you. First, you helped me back there in Helgen. Second, it would be to bad to let talent as yours go wasted."

He continues. I looked at him confused.

"Talent?"

"You fight good. You are endurable and you think when you fight. You don't just run into enemies hands like a fly without head. And also, you have unique skills. Archery, maybe?"

He asked smirking. They know everything about me.

"I think I don't like where this is going..."

"You may think that now, but maybe you'll change your mind in a few minutes."

He said. I nodded.

"All right, I listen."

"I'd like to officaly offer you to become a memeber of Dark Brotherhood."

Well, this was unexpected. Shocking a bit.

"Oh, but don't worry. You have a choice."

I smiled to him bitterly. He returned it.

"Somehow, I don't think I'll get out of here alive if I refuse. Especially now that I know faces and secrets of a few of your members."

I asked him. He did not change expression.

"If that's you choose that, yes. You are right."

"What kind of option is that?"

I asked a bit angry for being his puppet. There's nothing I can do. If I try to kill him, even if I somehow manage to do that, who knows how many assassins there are in the Sanctuary. I wouldn't make it out alive.

Morpheus's expression changed. He looked at me with a seriois gaze now.

"Think about it. I am offering you a quick death. If you join there is a little chance you'll die quick not feeling a bit of pain. Quick death is something a few people can get. The others can only dream about it."

He was right. Quick death is mercy. But if I choose that, then I'll die right away. By choosing to join, I may live a bit longer.

"I'll join you."

I finally said. Morpheus smirked and raised his hands like he is welcoming me.

"Welcome to Dark Brotherhood, Sister."