Chapter 4: Reason

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Sure." I grabbed the notebook from her hands. "What subject it is?"

"Math." She pouted her lips.

"Ohh... easy." I grinned to tease her. I know how much she hates this subject.

"It's hard!" She protested. My sister really hates math, we're quite opposite from each other. I enjoyed this subject a lot when I was still studying. Others really hate it, but for me it's very challenging, and that's what I'm enjoying the most.

After we finished doing her homework she started interrogating me. "Is it true that you're getting married?"

"Who told you?" My eyes narrowed, can't believe that my sister knows anything about this kind of issues already. I mean, isn't she too young to understand these things?

"I heard dad and mum talking about it." She said in between of her innocent look.

"So you eavesdropped huh? Well, yeah. I am."

"With Jessica?"

"No."

"Huh?" I know she was confused with my answer. She knows everything about me, about the girl I like. The 'Only' girl I like.

"It's hard to explain, Ali. You're too young."

"Then I want to meet her!" She said excitedly. "Mummy said she wanted to meet her as well! Please, please bring her home!" She added.

Oh my little Alison, I'm sure you'll be disappointed when you meet her. "Soon" I pulled out a smile. So I need to bring her here so they could meet her? How about no or NO?

"Goodnight, kuya. Thank you." She kissed my cheeks. Ali is such a sweet girl, I do hope she will not end up having Janella's attitude.

*

I called George-- my bestfriend slash cousin, the next day and I told him about my bloody problem. "You can do it dude. It's 1 year. There are so many things can happen in a year." He said and patted my shoulder.

"I don't think so. For sure you will change your statement once you meet her, mate."

He laughed. "Really?"

"Really." Believe me, bro.

"Then... I want to meet her." He smirked. What the heck is on his bloody mind right now? "Call her now!" He demanded.

"Are you freakin' serious, dude?" I furrowed my brows, ang hirap ng may pinsan na demanding.

"Yes." He replied nonchalantly.

I sighed and grumbled. "Fine!" I grabbed my phone that happens to be on the table then immediately dialed her number.

"Yes Mr. Jerk?" She said on the other line.

"Can you go here?" Please say no... Please say no... my mind says non-stop.

"But I'm with my bestfriend right now." Ace!

"Ohh... okay." I looked at George, he gave me his invite-her-here-or-you'll-be-dead-glare. Very nice of him, right? "Then why don't you come here with your bestfriend?"

"Great idea! She wants to meet you too ya know!"

"I'll be waiting here at my café. Please don't be bloody late." I said forcing out those bloody words from my mouth to satisfy George.

"Okay we'll be there in 30 minutes see ya." She hung up. As if you're coming in 30 minutes.

"30 minutes." I told George who happens to be sitting on the chair next to me. "I don't think she's coming." I added. Great Janella. That's ace! Did you change your bloody mind or you're just late again? We patiently waited for her-- or should I say, George patiently waited for her, finally after an hour she came.

"Woah." That was George's priceless reaction when he saw her for the first time.

"Looks can be deceiving, mate." I whispered to George but he just laughed. Really crazy.

Janelle was with another girl, who has a long straight hair, it was color brown same color as Janelle's. The only difference is that Janelle's hair was curled at the tips. The girl with her has a fair skin, but Janelle is fairer and mestiza, her friend is somewhat... Chinita? She looks more like an Asian girl, unlike Janelle. By the way, I think I forgot to describe Janella. Like what I've said, the first time I met her, I think I saw an angel. She's cracking. She has a fair skin, pointed nose and she has a beautiful green eyes.... Her lips are thin. And she's tall. I know she's taller than typical filipina girl's height. I think Janelle is around 5'8-5'10. She actually looks like a model.

Now back to reality, maybe that's her best friend, right? They walked closer to us when she found me.

"So why the heck you want me to go here?" She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow.

Here comes the brat. "And why the heck you're late again?" I asked her.

"And why the freakin' heck you're not answering my question?" See? She's such a spoiled brat!

"I just want to piss you off! Happy now with my answer?" Her face was priceless. I am sure, she already wanted to kill me. She spun around and about to walkout but I stood up immediately and I grabbed her wrist. "I'm just kidding Miss Mendoza."

She spun around to face me again.

"I called you because my cousin George-- here, wanted to meet you." I explained, I can see on her face that she was irritated and this is surely going to be fun.

*******

Author's Note:

Magulong chapter, I know. Ako na trying hard mag-english :'(

Yung "bloody", "mate", "cracking" and "Ace" are British terms since Orion is british.

Bloody is a British/ Australian expression. While "Mate" means friend :)) Cracking means stunning. Then Ace means awesome! Btw, Si Patricia at George 'yung nasa multimedia.