Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

With almost eight huge seats spread around, each fit for two persons and two couches. I had never seen many seats in a living room but it was very big and spacious. It did look pretty good.

Four seats opposite each other and one couch at the end and the other at the other end. In the middle was a big, nice coffee table and the biggest plasma T.V I had ever seen.

I was sitting on the first seat adjacent to the couch backing the T.V set. Sakeenah's Mum was beside us with Ahmad's Mum. Opposite us was those two teenagers and on the couch was Uncle Yahkub, Ahmad and the other old man in between them.

Uncle Zayn and Ahmad's real Dad were sitted comfortably on the other couch. Adil and Hamzah by their left, Batul and Dilshaad by their right.

Cute little Khairat was sitted beside the kid and they were playing with their phones, probably oblivious to the tension in the room.

"Why the meeting, Maryam?" Uncle Zayn said looking sternly at her.

She frowned "Watch how you talk to me, Zayn." They both exchanged a stern look.

The tension was getting quite thick, someone needed to say something or do something, I thought to myself.

My phone rang and I was like 'Oh God! Why?' I shifted on my seat as all eyes were on me. It kept ringing, they all looked at me as if expecting me to pick it up.

I opened my purse and got the phone out to see that it was a number I didn't know. I ended the call and put the phone away only to hear it ringing again.

"Just pick it already." Sakeenah whispered into my covered ears.

I nodded, pulling the phone out again. I picked it up "Assalaamu alaikum!" I greeted politely.

"A...Aleesha!" A familiar voice whispered.

"Who is this" I asked as politely as I could.

There was a sigh on the other end "Please don't hang up on me...it's me, Jason."

My eyes widen and I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Aleesha, are you still there? I just want us to meet and talk. I heard you're sick, I went to your home and your Mum gave me your Number. Please...are you there Aleesha?"

Tears welled up in my eyes and I tried to blink them away. Pursing my lips, I stood up with the phone still pressed to my ear. I excused myself and walked away.

Uncle Zayn gave me a warm smile as I passed by him. I didn't return it but quickly walked into the kitchen. I just needed to be alone.

"Hello! Aleesha!" His voice came out strained.

I hung up and closed my eyes controlling my breathings. I leaned against something hard.

"Are you okay, Ma'am?" A voice laced with worry asked.

I snap my eyes open and they widen when I saw two worried women staring at me. I looked around me to see two more staring at me, they were cutting vegetables.

'You are in the kitchen!' I reminded myself. I didn't expect to see anyone there.

"I...I am fine, thank you!" I said standing straight.

I quickly walked out towards the living room. I inhaled deeply and then exhaled. The older man was talking and he paused when I walked over.

Giving him a small smile, I returned to my seat.

"As I was saying, I am stepping down as the CEO of MULTI LIMITED COMPANY very soon. I want my son in law to take over since I am getting old and he will do a great job taking over."

I stared at him in confusion, I stole a glance at Ahmad to see him frowning as his eyes were focused on the floor.

"Since he's getting married now, he has become a fully responsible man. He should take care of both companies, Yahkub's and Abdullah's." Aunt Maryam said grinning.

"What are you saying?" Uncle Zayn asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I am saying that my son is going to handle both companies and become one of the most respected business man to be." She said smiling.

"You're kidding, right?" Uncle Al Mansuur frowned.

"Does it look like I am kidding to you?" She pressed her lips firmly.

"He wants to be a Surgeon not a...a business man." He snapped.

"What he wants to be is between me and his Dad not you, Mansuur." She retorted.

"He is also my Son." He whispered heart broken.

There was an awkward silence as I looked at everyone. Adil and Hamzah were exchanging knowing looks, Dilshaad and Batul had confused looks on.

Uncle Zayn was looking down, Uncle Al Mansuur had a grim look on. Aunt Maryam was glaring at him.

Firdaus had an emotionless look as she stared into space. Sa'adah had a sad look on while Haleemah had a worried look.

Sakeenah had a small smile on her face.

"Don't ruin his life, Maryam." Uncle Zayn said.

"I won't, he's my Son." She replied coldly.

I looked at Ahmad, he looked frustrated and tired. He ran his hand into his hair.

"Why I called you down...his friends is to thank you all for coming. I decided that since Ramadhan is fast approaching...why don't you all go on a vacation. You don't have to worry about anything...just your clothes. This will be our gift to you, a week holiday in our favourite Island." Aunt Maryam blabbed out.

Gasps erupted, there was some 'wow' and 'cools' from them.

"Can I go with them?" Sakeenah asked.

"Of course, Dear." Her Mum replied with a sweet smile.

"A vacation will be awesome!" One of the teenagers said.

"No Sabr! You and your brother, Sadiq will be staying at home. You're not eighteen yet." Aunt Saliha said and both boys frowned.

"Mum, it's not fair. Sis Sakeenah gets to go." Sadiq said. He had dark hair just like the older man and the same colour of eyes, a combination of some what blue and brown.

"Dad!!!" Sabr whined to the older man.

'Oh I guess he's their Dad.' I thought to myself.

"Sorry boys! You gotta listen to your Mama." He gave them an apologetic look.

They pouted and looked away. They looked cute though. Sabr took after his Mum just like Sakeenah. He had green eyes also, dark brown long hair and a dimple just like his Mum.

"Unfortunately Aeesha can't go with you all." Uncle Zayn declared making everyone raise a brow at him.