Chapter Twenty Two

Zacznij od początku

I was startled by a voice "You have to stop doing this to yourself." I turned back to see Adil leaning on the glass door.

"Y...you scared me!" I exclaimed.

He shrugged with a smile. He was wearing a pair of faded blue jeans and a white T-shirt. He was leaner than Ahmad and taller also with dirty blonde hair and ocean blue eyes.

He was really good looking, just like Batul. They were alike in many ways. Both are blondes and have the same colour of eyes...except hers is a little more darker.

I sighed "Doing what?" I asked suddenly remembering what he said.

He raked his hand through his long blonde hair which was tied in a low ponytail. I shook my head and smirked internally.

"Why on earth haven't you started chemotherapy yet?" He asked, a hint of frustration in his tone.

My smile fell and I turned back to the view.

"I...I just need some more time." I said.

"You don't have much time please. Y...you're dying! You need to start chemotherapy to reduce the pain before surgery. You're in pain every second, you understand that better than any of us." His words were true but he didn't understand.

"You don't understand, Adil." I said gently.

"What?" He whispered.

I hugged myself "I...I can't do this till I see him or j...just hear from him. I am worried sick, he hasn't called and I...I don't know." I sobbed.

He was silent for a while, he sighed in frustration.

"H...he...hmm...I don't know how to say this." He sounded worried and pained.

I turned towards him and saw him looking down with a pained expression.

"Adil...what's wrong?" I whispered.

He looked at me but refused to make eye contact.

"He...he...hmm..." He was interrupted by Batul coming in with Sa'adah and Dilshaad right on her tail. Thank God the balcony was huge enough to occupy us all without having to squeeze through.

Batul looked furious. Dilshaad's eyes were puffy and Sa'adah looked...well emotional.

I stood up facing them "What is going on everyone?" I asked.

"Listen to me, Ahmad is...hmm...this is a little harder than I thought." Batul face palmed.

I was starting to get scared "Please tell me nothing happened to him." I pleaded.

The look on Dilshaad's face said it all and I staggered back.

"What? H...how? When?" I asked as hot tears started falling down my cheek.

Sa'adah quickly made her way to my side and hugged me

"He...he is getting engaged tomorrow. I went over to his home with Hamzah, he wasn't picking any of our calls, sometimes  and so we decided to go check him up." She whispered.

She let me go and I stared at the door as if it was the most fascinating thing at that time. 'Getting engaged' that was the only words I grabbed while she was talking.

Why I felt like a piece of me was gone, I didn't know. I felt broken and all I wanted to do at that time was to go to sleep and never wake up again. What was wrong with him getting married? I asked myself.

I should be happy for him not being sad. He saved my life twice thanks be to Allah. He deserved all the happiness in this world. Why am I not happy for him? Why am I being selfish?

"He is getting married?" I asked trying not to break down right in front of them.

"He's a jerk, you know? Don't think about him now, j...just focus on getting better then we can all live a brighter life." Dilshaad concluded.

"He's a good guy, Dilshaad. He saved my life twice, I owe him alot. He deserves to be happy, he deserves this." I said forcing a smile out.

I looked at her to see her looking at me in confusion.

I nodded "He deserves to be loved. He deserves this!"

"We all know how you both feel about each other. I have known him for a long time, I had never seen him care about someone the way he cares about you. He likes you and I know it...I....I just don't understand why he's suddenly getting married to someone else." Adil was shaking with anger, clenching and unclenching his hands.

I shook my head "I have caused nothing but pain to him. I am so happy for him. I...I need to congratulate him...I need my phone now. Can someone get my phone please?"

My tears wouldn't stop flowing and I wanted it to...badly. Wiping it away furiously, I walked past them all into the room searching for my phone even though I knew it wasn't there.

I gave up and sat on the floor beside my bed. I hugged myself and pulled my legs together, resting my face on them.

Footsteps approached me and I looked up "I am being selfish, Adil. I am suppose to be happy for him, right? Then why do I feel...feel like a part of me has been taken away from me. I feel heart broken...why?" I said gently.

He looked away from me.

Batul sat beside me "It's called love! What you feel is true love. You love him and it's hurting you so much to see him getting married to someone else."

After a while of silently crying, I wiped it away and asked "When is it? The engagement?

Sa'adah raised an eyebrow "Tomorrow evening. Why ask?"

"I am going!" I said with full determination.

Assalaamu alaikum Lovebirds! Sorry for the delay please.

I would like to ask of something from you all. Please help me share this book, so that others would gain from it. Allahu Yahfaz!

Thanks alot lovely readers.