Alone Always

I think that Sirius and James wanted Lily to say goodbye to Snape happily after much convincing from one Moony.
Lily walks in that same meadow under the same sky by the same tree and she is overwhelmed because everything stays the same, but people do not.

Once upon a time she had though Severus Snape must have definitely had as many electrons and protons as she had, all circling an orbit depending on the amount of times it orbits to shape your personality.

"Hi Sev," and in that moment everything is fine again, just briefly and it feels like they're there, a younger piece of them.

"Hi Lils,"

"Sev you won't ever be lonely while I'm here," an older Lily mutters remembering one of the sentences she had told Severus when they were younger.

"Loneliness is the infinite adornment of the flaw filled finite man, Lily. Something I won't have to take with you here."

'Always?"

'Always."

And as quickly as it came it's gone and they are oh so hostile, Harry is born and Lily is in love with James Potter.
Lily really was never in love with Sev Snape- he was her best friend. Was.
Yet she hoped which ever road he was taking he wouldn't have to deal with the adornment.

She smiles as she speaks of baby words to Harry as James cradles him while kissing her and his forehead twice every few moments and she's at home, it's Halloween 1981 and even though  they're shaken up they're fine. They're going to be just fine.

Creak.

Alone. Always.

Hi, I really think snily is notp, but this is a brotp sort of thing or something reminiscing over the past, you know? Btw the quote is mine! 1! And I don't want anyone to steal it or I'll let the wild animals called my friends out 😂
Dedicated to Skipper_019 thank you for all the comments and votes awe ♡
Snaps