Chapter 50

A/N: Here is another update. This time it is a little rushed. My friend came up from the states and I am going to have dinner with her in like... an hour. So, here is an update before I go. Just a heads up, I might be a little late with the next one next week. I have completely caught up with myself again. Uggh. Also I know I sound like a broken record... but again I couldn't be more thankful for anyone and everyone who has added the story in their library, reading lists, voted, commented and just generally reading it.

Enjoy!

Ryan and I entered the room at the same time. I took up an empty seat while he stood behind me. I could tell Geoff was eyeing us to make sure everything was all good between us. So I smiled at Geoff to make him stop with his assessment.

"Okay. There are somethings that are going down and that are changing," Geoff started, "Ryan, the evelope beside Jaxx holds the info on that cop. I don't want to rush you considering, but we need that domino to fall for everything else to fall into place."

Ryan reached over and grabbed the evelope without opening it. Instead, he passed it to me, "I was going to go tonight if that's alright."

"Fine with me. Don't be too much of a dick to him. Okay?"

"No promises," Ryan said with a small smile on his face.

"I am not fucking going there. Anyway... Those bag of dicks that call themselves a crew are back. Full force. Jaxx gave me the suggestion to leave them and give off the illusion that we are abandoning LS over our grief and loss of Ryan. Element of surprise."

I nodded slightly while Ryan put his hand of my shoulder. Jack came through next, "Which gave us time to collect as much information as possible on everyone that we could see."

Geoff looked back to me, "Good thinking."

"Thanks," I said quietly.

"Welcome. Alright, we found out that Greg here is pretty much a no one. But after the Constantine brothers took a run at him we found out that he has a family connection to the bag of dicks," as soon as he said that, Geoff flipped their white board over that showed connections to people she had seen in captivity and not. Even a family she recognized was there.

"Holy fuck," Michael muttered moving up in his chair.

Ray sighed, "This is a lot bigger than we thought."

Jack hummed in agreement, "And way more connected. Cops, Commissoners, a judge. Not including a few major coporations."

I growled low in my throat, "I know most of these people. They would never get their hands dirty."

Jack nodded, "Hence why we had to play the fucking game of follow the money. It goes down a long way before it ends."

"So thats why the crew didn't give up the first time you blew them out of the water. It's not loyalty, it's financial backing," I said looking at everything on the board.

"Exactly. We emailed everything to your father. That is why we wanted you here for this."

I tilted my head while I felt Ryan stiffen, "What?"

Ryan spoke quickly, "Geoff. No."

Geoff looked past me, "I don't have a choice. He wants her under his roof from now on."

"We can protect her here. She is a sitting duck there. He is using her a bait," Ryan practically yelled.

"There is nothing I can do about that! I am not holding her hostage here. I don't know about you, but I kind of don't want the Constantines on our fucking door step!" Geoff yelled back over the table.

"Enough. I'll go. It's alright. I will be back soon right?" I said looking at Geoff.

"Our home is yours," he said looking at Ryan.

"Okay. I will be back in a couple of days then. Until all of this is settled," I said looking especially at the Lads. None of them were thrilled about me leaving.

"You'll be back, right?" Michael asked quietly.

"Before you even know it," I smiled half way.

"Jaxx," Geoff called to get my attention, "Your father would like you home later tonight. I think one of your brothers is going to pick you up."

I nodded lowly, "Anything else?"

Geoff sighed, "No. I'm sorry guys."

"It's alright. Was bound to happen I guess," I said while getting up and leaving the room. Taking the envelope with me. 

Ryan followed right behind me, "Jaxx. What -."

I raised my hand to silence him, "We will talk after you are done your meeting."

He looked at me like he was lost, "I - Uh - Yeah. Alright. Don't leave yet."

Nodding, I turned around and walked to our room with tears welling up in my eyes blurring out my vision. Placing the envelope on what was her side of the bed was the last thing she really remembers.