Chapter 7

Hey Everyone. This is the next chapter for my story. Back to Jaxx.

Enjoy!!

Jaxx POV

It was a few hours later before Lo got home and got into her usual place on the love seat.

    "Hey, I wanted to ask you something...," I said rather hesitantly.

    "Sure," Lo looked up from her book.

    "I was going to go to the families for a few days. Did you want to go with me?"

    "Wish I could. I'm on call for the next few days which means I am definitely working," she looked totally sympathetic.

    "Meh. That's alright. I guess I have to face them alone."

    "You know, you never told me why you guys don't talk very much."

    Because my family is part of a huge international crime family notorious for murder, bloodshed and being merciless. "They didn't want me to be something other than what they wanted."

    "Oh, sorry," Lo looked down at her book again and began to read.

    "Its all good. Just gotta get ready to face them on my own," I get up then and walk over to the fridge. When I pop it open I laughed, "Um, Lo. You forgot to buy drinks."

    She groaned while her head went back, "Fuck. I knew I forgot something."

    "Well, as punishment you get to walk with me to the corner store and pay for missing the drinks. Hazzah!"

    "You're kidding... right?"

    "Nope. Get the hell up," I made my way to the door and slipped my shoes on. Two seconds later Lo gets up and follows suite.

    Going down the street was more fun than I thought. We were being goofy and super loud. We even got people from the other side of the street staring at us. This is why I needed to get out of my parents house. I wanted to have fun and do stupid shit like this - and get away with it. Walking up the two steps and out of the night I felt like I was being watched again. But that might be the clerk so I wont go up in arms over the feeling. Looking around I see the clerk eyeing us, a guy with sandy blonde hair and memorizing blue eyes; plus a few kids trying to figure out how much they have for what candy they want.

    Dragging my attention was Lo's groan, "Jaxx, pick for me. I am so indecisive."

    I laugh and head to the cooler pulling out a few two liters and looking at her, "Good enough?"

    "Perfect. Oh. I need chocolate!" Lo's eyes went wide and searching.

    "Fuck," I whispered loud enough for the guy with blue eyes to smile.

    "Got pushed into coming here?" his voice was deep and soothing. Listening to it for hours wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

    I smiled, "Actually for her it was a punishment. But I think it backfired."

    He looked at her and back to me, "I guess it has for some people."

    I smiled again and glanced away. I suddenly hear, "I'm Ryan." And a hand is offered to me.

    Turning red I clumsily put the bottles of pop on the ground and take his hand, "Jaxx."

    "Jaxx... interesting name."

    I laugh, " I get that a lot."

    "Sorry," he smirked.

    I picked up the pop again with a smile, "Don't worry about it."

    Looking at Lo she had her candy bar and waiting on me, "Shit," I mumbled, "I am sorry. I have to go. Nice talking with you Ryan. See you around."

    He waved and said, "Absolutely. Bye Jaxx."

    God his voice saying my name is amazing. I snagged my favorite candy bar on the way to the counter, "You better have brought your money Lo."

    "Of course, I am not an idiot."

    I laughed, "I have about over a year of evidence that says other wise."

    "A full year of stories eh?" I look behind me and laugh again. Ryan casually leaned against the counter.

    Lo eyed him, "Listen Mister, I get enough crap from her. She doesn't need encouragement."

    Trying to hold back my giggles with my hand was hard. But Ryan smiled and played along with her. Even after she paid she waited for him to finish his purchase just to bicker with him more. Outside is when he held hands up in surrender. Lo looked satisfied while I looked slightly embarrassed. She grabbed the bags from me and headed home while I stuck around.

    "I'm sorry about her," I looked down at the ground.

    "Don't be. I know someone just like her. She can put up on hell of an argument. I am surprised you didn't come in though."

    I smiled, "Not my fight. But thanks for playing along with her."

    "Anytime. I have learned to go on for days," He looked away and instantly became rigid and distant. I felt I had overstayed my welcome ten fold.

    I pulled sweetness out of my back pocket and put it on thick, "Well, I should get home. Good night Ryan."

    Turning on my heel I stalked away from him. What the fuck happened? my brain hissed. I shrugged to myself and kept walking. Not turning around was hard but it had to be done. Screeching tired could be heard behind me and a car crash. I ran the rest of the way home. Fuck getting into other peoples bullshit. Hell no.

    As soon as I closed the door a gun shot sounded through the neighborhood. Lo came to the door worried, "You alright?"

    I nodded, "Yea, I'm fine.' Shock was all over my face.

    "No ones been injured here let a lone killed for a while." As soon that sentence left her mouth sirens could be heard and flashes went by the house.