Chapter 5

Going to the computer I start chatting with my mom on Skype. Sending the invite to talk to her face to face I sit and wait. Seeing her smiling face gave me a huge sense of peace. I have missed her and my whole family back home. I left to spread my wings and hopefully get out from under my family's rule.

"Hi mom," I smile and lean forward a little.

"Hello sweetheart! I have missed you! You have to visit sometime!" her smile is infectious.

"I will soon. Maybe this week actually. The place where I work got hit up from the cops and it will be closed for the next week for repairs."

Her face went a little sour, "Honey, you shouldn't work in a place like that. Why not come home and be part of the family business. You know you will always have a place here."

I sigh, "Mom... not now. I wasn't happy with my place there. Why do you think I left?"

"You are a Constantine. Your place is by our side running things!" she was getting madder by the word. We have had this fight a hundred times and the result is still the same. I stay here in Los Santos and my family stays away.

"I am a Constantine. But I want to try and do things my own way. Being a woman in our family means things I am not comfortable with," I was going to regret that sentence. But it was true. Woman in our family aren't allowed to do anything without permission or an escort.

"I don't know where you get this rudeness from!" Her happiness to see me vanished and in its place left borderline hatred.

"We will never know. But I did take the stubbornness from someone in that household."

"You will come back to the family." She looks like the queen b everyone knew her as. She was no longer talking to her daughter. Just someone who isn't listening to her orders.

"I never left my family. I left that house. You have to remember that. Let me make mistakes and fuck up. You already know the end game of what my life would be. But remember I am still your daughter and I will always be there for you. Don't forget that. I will talk to you another time. Me coming out there isn't the best idea right now. Thanks for the invite. Bye mom."

Just as I was about to hit the end call button I hear, "Wait!! Some else would like to talk to you!!"

I blankly stare at my mothers moving portrait, "Okay, who?"

My mother gets up from the computer and is swapped with my father, "Hello Jaxx."

I sit blankly at the computer screen for a few seconds before my brain kicked into gear and reminded me that I needed to say something back, "Uh, Hi dad. How are you?"

He smiles at me with pure kindness, "I am doing fine. I am glad you called. I was beginning to forget what you looked like."

Laughing lightly I add, "I could never forget what you two look like."

"Are you not coming out to see us now Jaxx?" my father looked into his side of the screen like it would tell him all my secrets.

I shrugged, "I was going to. But if it will start another fight between us I was just going to stay here in LS."

"A fight? My darling we don't start fights... we finish them."

I smile and look up at my fathers image. Impeccably dressed. Not a hair out of place while I look like I just came back from where the wild things are. "Dad, I am serious. You took me leaving the house a whole lot better then mom did."

He laughs, "That's because you aren't the first of my children... but you are my only daughter to do this. I understand. I did the same thing at your age. I consider it a right of passage if you will."

I feel instantly better and smile, "Thank you Dad."

"You are most welcome. I am starting to worry because of that crew running around causing trouble. I am not stepping on toes... but if you do get injured I will have no choice," threat and venom laced in his words. He was not lying about any of what he said; he meant every word.

"I know dad. I am staying out of their way and they aren't even in the same part of LS I am. Don't worry too much alright?"

He scoffed, "My only daughter is out and about in a town not run my her own family. Damn right I am going to worry. But I trained you well before you left. I know you can take care of yourself."

I laugh loudly, "I love you too Dad."

The purest of smiles reaches his face, "I love you more than you realize. Please come see us soon. I know your brothers miss you as well. One said something about seeing your picture in the news... but I don't know what he was talking about."

Oh fuck... the news report with Vagabond apparently looking at me. I have to play this cool. "Must be a look alike. I haven't done anything. Head low," that came out better than I thought.

"That's what I thought. Well Jaxx be safe. Call again soon alright. Or better get your butt over here and see us! I love you. Bye."

I smile and wave, "I love you too Dad. I will try and make it out soon. Promise."

With that the call ended leaving me mentally exhausted and slightly pissed off for some reason.