Chapter 17

A/N: Okay, so my work thought it would be a wonderful idea to put me on graveyards. So honestly I am so unaware of what day it is and sleeping all day until work is killing me. I am very sorry for taking so long this time around. I am just starting this round of shifts... I will try and update again to make up for everything. Sorry again.

Enjoy!

I was in a sense of pissed off auto-pilot as I descended down the stairs and headed to the dinning room. Alic was walking in front of me as he sat down at the table. This whole room looked just the same. It screamed wealth; but in a way that said we had money not in a way where we have it and wanna stuff it in your face. Charlie and Ethan were on one side while Greyson, Alic and I were on the other with dad at one end of the table and our mother at the other. Dinner was served and we all dag in.

    Half way through conversation started up and I felt normal. But still pissed off. Like I could push it to the back of my mind but if I poked at it with a stick it would invade my whole world. I also noticed none of the conversation was in my direction. Which was okay with me, but it made me feel like a visitor.

    You technically are Jaxx. My mind hissed.

    "Its so nice to have my family here with me. To enjoy a family dinner without members missing," my father said casually looking at each and everyone of us.

    I smiled but said nothing. My brothers had other plans and decided now would be a good time to bring up stupid stories from our childhood.

    "Remember when..."

    "Yea... but also remember that..."

    "That's not how that went..."

    On and on this went. Until someone said something that made everyone stop dead in their tracks.

    "Yea. Remember when Jaxx completely abandoned us for a fucking normal life?"

    I looked at the person who said it. Charlie acted like it made no difference and kept eating. When he finally did look up he just shrugged his shoulders, "What?"

    Greyson arched an eyebrow at him, "Serious?"

    Charlie gave him a stupid face, "Its true G."

    Ethan looked down at his meal, "Un-fucking-believeable..."

    "Char, maybe now isn't the right time. You don't fully understand what is going on," Alic said through his shock.

    "To be honest Alic... we all don't know what the fuck is really going on!" Charlie yelled.

    Greyson and Ethan both turned to Charlie and said in unison, "Don't speak for us."

    My father tried to interject a few times but was shot down faster than an arrow. Even my mother gave up after a few times. We needed to hash this out on our own. We are meant to take over this family one day. If this was how we solved this... over a nice family dinner - fine. It would just make dinner go faster and slightly more interesting.

    I was gonna go to each and every brother to tell them why I left one at a time. Not like this. You cant speak to Greyson the same why you would speak to Ethan. They are all different people.

    Charlie stood up and tried to hover over Alic and Greyson to make his point, "You have always defended her! I don't understand why! She left and betrayed us!"

    As soon he said that something inside me went over and kicked that part that held all the malice I managed to put.

    I stood up and got into Charlie's face with a knife in my right hand close to his face, "Say I betrayed this family one more time and I will laugh as you bleed all over this floor!"

    Shock totally took him over. He stopped trying to tower over people and straightened out.

    Before he started talking again I interjected, "Part of me coming back was to tell each and everyone of you in my own way why I left. But you want to fucking push and not wait until I have my thoughts collected. What the fuck Charlie?"

    Charlie looked down like a scolded 5 year old, "I just want to know Jaxx."

    "You will. Before I leave you will have the information that you want. Until then... sit down and eat Charlie."

    After he sat down I didn't move. A small part of me still wanted to see him bleed on the ground. Someone touching my right arm grabbing the knife drew my attention and the malice back into the deep parts of my mind.

Looking around I saw shock and sadness in each face my eyes landed on. I sat down slowly and stared at the plate set in front of me. With my hunger gone and the anger turning into sadness I got up suddenly and went to my room. Slamming the door I slid to the floor and finally let the tears fall.