Chapter 14

A/N: Alright. Here is that other chapter that I promised. Happy Halloween to everyone. I don't know if I will update before that... so I am saying it now. Happy Halloween or Samhain depending on who you are.

Enjoy :) Sorry it's kind of short... had to be.

After grabbing all my stuff we were on the road again. This time I felt as though I should be laughing. Not seated between my parents where I need to think about what I have done. Ryan did exactly what I thought he would do. Get a hold of the people who would help me. I am just hoping that he still doesn't know who I am. That kind of shit always changes friendships. Always.

    My mother turned to me and asked, "Alright, I want to know what happened. Now."

    I shrugged, "A cop thought he was more important than he really was and needed to be taken down a few pegs. Or in this case thrown off the damn stick."

    My father nodded, "We gathered that. But something bad could have happened. You are lucky your friend was there. Who is that person anyway?"

    I shrugged again, "His name is Ryan. I know he belongs to a crew... but we agreed to not say which. Our way of keeping peace just in case we or they had a problem with each other. No judgements."

    My father smiled, "That is very this year isn't it? He said that Lowes was in front of your place?"

    "Yea, for about four hours in all. Ryan felt bad because he knew I wanted to come and see you so he thought it would be a good idea to mess with the cop and get him out of my hair and his attention would go on his crew and not me and my house."

    My father smiled, "Did they have to do so much damage?"

    I giggled, "Improvisation works?"

    My mother scoffed, "It always works... but it can be messy."

    Keeping my smile I turn to her, "No kidding. Hence why my ass was thrown in jail."

    My father chuckled, "Alright, no worries. We can figure this out."

    The rest of the car right was all small talk. Nothing too big in the terms of what was the elephant in the room. After this crap I am sure they would want me back in their house and never to leave again. But I honestly liked the life I was making for myself. Random shootings unfortunately included.

    We stopped for a moment to allow the gate that was the only entrance into my families estate to open. The long driveway had my stomach in knots and my head hurting. I had no idea what would happen after this whole cop thing was done. But hopefully I could get out from it somewhat unscathed. I have managed to stay away from my families business this long...

    Coming to a stop in front of the family house was a familiar sight. Climbing out of the car, I spot a car that I don't recognize in the drive way. I turned to my dad and ask, "Who is that?"    My fathers face went grim, "Business. But I don't have an appointment scheduled for them."

    As if on cue a man in a black suit and a woman in casual clothes came out from my house and greeted us. "Hello Mr. Constantine. I am sorry to drop in unannounced but I wanted to say something without a phone between us," the guy with the suit said. He had almost black hair and a mustache. Tattoos all over his hands. His back up woman looked at ease with her pants and shirt. Red hair short to her jaw.

    My father nodded and smiled his signature fake as fuck smile, "Of course Mr. Ramsay. We should take this into my office."

    I looked over to him, "Dad?"

    "Don't worry. We will be right out. Go set your room back up. I know you will want to move a few things around."

    My eyes studied the newcomers quickly. I folded my arms in front of me, "As long as you take Wes with you. No other exception."

    My father looked down and chuckled, "My daughter doesn't know when to quit protecting her family. I would apologize for her... but I don't think that is necessary."

    The man looked at me and smiled, "I don't have any kids... but my men would demand the same thing. No apologies needed. Nice to meet you. I'm Geoff."

    I smiled and nodded, "Nice to meet you as well. Jaxx. If you don't mind I am going to take a look at my room now."

    Geoff moved out of my way and allowed me to move passed with my bag in hand. Going up the grand stair case I noticed a few of the door were closed. All belonged to my brothers with one being a hangout/games room and another being the movie room. I smiled and the little nine year old decided to screw with my siblings like I used to. I went door to door. Knocking on them all and then running to my room and slamming the door. I soon hear them come out and demand to know who was knocking. With my door being the only one still closed it didn't take long for them to congregate in front of my door and ask, "Jaxx?"