Chapter 20

A/N: Okay, so today I have the complete day off. So I decided to update. This chapter connects to the last one. So, tomorrow I am probably going to throw another one up and call it a week. Kind of short! Sorry!

Enjoy :)

"...Are you kidding me?!" Ethan said looking pissed off.

    "Nope. I am dead serious," I said glancing around his room.

    Ethan jolted from the bed like it was on fire. Ranking a hand through his short brown hair, "What gave you this idea?"

    I shrugged, "I've seen it with other families. I thought the same would happen to me."

    "Over my fucking dead body," Ethan sneered.

    I smile, "Nice to know E."

    He sighed and looked at me, "How long is this freedom ride gonna last?"

    "Until I want it to end. You never know... I might meet someone."

    He scoffed, "Pick carefully. He's gonna have to go though all of us first."

    "You sound like Greyson," I roll my eyes at him.

    "Yea Jaxx. That's kind of the point," he laughed.

    Rolling my eyes again, "You guys aren't twins you know."

    He nods, "Oh, I know. But we just agree on certain topics. You are one of those topics."

    "That's weird."

    "That's what older brothers are for," he smiled.

    I got up from the bed and looked at my brothers book collection. Mostly murder mystery or suspense thrillers. He loves these books. Although he kept that he was a book worm close to the vest. Just like all of them he had something hidden that would label them differently then what they've built. I was still trying to find that. It came effortlessly to them, but here I am. Trying to figure myself out.

Guess I have to get good and lost first.

    Ethan rips me from my thoughts, "So... speaking of brothers... want me to kill him?

    I smirk, "Yes."

    "Done," he looks serious but there is humour behind those eyes like mine.

    I laugh, "On second thought... I think I need to talk to him."

    Ethan smiles, but it doesnt meet his eyes, "You do. I thought the family scared you off forever."

    I shook my head, "Never. I just need to find me before I take my place. Okay?"

    He comes up and hugs me, "Okay. Take your time and come back to us eventually."

    Hugging him back I sniff back tears, "I promise."

    Leaving Ethan's room I start to wander around. I know I should see and talk to Charlie. But after all the emotions of just talking to both brother back to back I need to take a break. After a good 20 minutes I find myself outside. I text Lo, keeping my end of the bargain and tell her everything is fine.

    Sitting on a stone bench by the gardens I start to think about how I am going to approach Charlie. He is more sensitive and emotional than my other brothers. It has never been a bad thing, but when you are on the wrong end of that stick. Things get difficult.

    Hearing some rustling behind me I laugh, "You know I can hear you right? You sound like Bigfoot!"

    When it finally stopped and I decided to turn around and saw no one there fear entered the corner of my mind. But before it took over self preservation settled first and told me what to do. So that's what I did. I calmly got up from the bench and texted one of my brothers for help and headed for the door. I turned on my camera on my phone and switched it on record, capturing everything. Heading towards the door that's when I felt someone grab me from behind and a hood over my head. Instinct took over and I started to thrash and yell for anyone. I was being dragged to I assumed would be a vehicle waiting for my kidnappers and I.

    Getting shoved in we started to drive away, I heard my name being called and gun shots being traded back and forth.

    "Fucking bitch!"

    Was the last thing I heard before I black out from a hit over the head.