Chapter 38

A/N: Here is my next chapter. Thanks for all the comments, it has put a smile on my face. Thank you very much.

Enjoy!

Jaxx POV

After countless rounds between the Lads and myself. Laughs could be heard loudly. I won a few and lost a lot, but it was all in good fun. Ryan sat on the couch arm next to me making small adjustments to my controller when I am utterly lost. It was like we were in complete synch. Micheal was telling at the TV when Ryan made an adjustment that ended up getting him killed. I laughed and looked at Ryan who seemed super smug and proud of himself.

I laughed again when another adjustment made Micheal die again.

"Having fun?" he whispered in my ear.

His voice honestly sent a shiver down my spine that I never wanted to end. I nodded, "Yes. I am."

"Good. They seem to like you," Ryan smiled through his statement.

"I like them back. They are really funny together."

"Don't encourage them. That's the last thing we need."

I giggled and had my attention brought back to the game. After a bit I ended up leaning against Ryan getting comfortable. I side glanced to see if he was uncomfortable or wanted me to move. But a ghosting smile was on his face and he leaned towards me.

"God damn it! How did I die?" Micheal yelled at no one in particular.

I decided to answer him anyway, "You did walk into an area with land mines. So..."

"I didn't think they actually went off," Micheal scoffed.

"Aaand thats why you died," I joked.

Micheal groaned and moved around in his seat.

"Are you guys still playing?" Geoff asked from the enterance of the hallway.

"Yea. Why?" Micheal asked without looking away from the TV.

"Well, it is after 1-fucking-am. Thought I'd ask," Geoff said gruffly.

My eyebrows popped up, "Are you serious?"

Geoff gave us a 'duh' look, "Yea."

"I'm sorry," I said lowly, not playing anymore.

"You have until 2. Or I am turning the power off, Seriously," he deadpanned before turning around and walking back to where he came.

When I started to play again, I wasnt feeling the game anymore. As if Ryan knew this, he took the controller and took over for me.

"You got way better," Micheal said without looking at me.

I looked at Ryan who was holding his laughter in, "It's a damn miracle."

"Jesus, how did you-" when he finally looked at my hands, "- fuck me. You cheater!"

Laughing loudly I shrugged, "Oops."

"Fucking oops. Christ. Who has it?" He looked all over around me. But I blocked Ryan's hands.

"I don't know," I giggled.

"Lair," Micheal glared playfully.

Ryan lifted the controller in laughter, "Hi."

"I knew it!" Micheal yelled.

Ray and Gavin came in looking confused as Ryan and I were laughing at Micheals benefit.

"Right. I don't know where to start," Ray looked at all of us.

"Jaxx is cheating!" Micheal huffed out.

"She gave the controller to Ryan. Are you sure that's cheating?" Ray asked casually.

"Hey!" Ryan said defensively.

"What? Don't like the truth?"

Ryan smirked, "Watch it Ray."

Ray rolled his eyes, "I'm so fucking scared Ryan."

"Keeping going Ray. Come on," Ryan laughed.

"You know that Vaga-" Ray suddenly stopped and looked at Ryan.

I felt Ryan tense underneath me but relaxed quickly, "I know that shit never worked on you. But I try."

It looked like Ray was stuck in a single moment in time. But came alive after Ryan's comment was said, "You try too hard."

He flashed a smile before leaving like the whole room was on fire.

I looked at Ryan, "He okay?"

"Yea. Give me a second," he said before getting up and following Ray.

Micheal took my attention away from them immediatly and told me how much he wanted to play a different game tomorrow. Laughing I agreed. Even though this whole situation was so fucked up words would fail me, this part, all of them has been the most fun I've had in a while. The members in this house were killers with and without movtives but genuine in everything out of the masks they tend to hide behind. They wore who they were without any hesitation. Like a metal or sheild, just to see who would try to make their mark upon it. Sure, dents were there, but so were the victories from those dents.

I was envious of that. I couldn't use who I was as a shield like that. I felt there were too many holes. This whole crew knew each other like the back of their hands. My family was blood and was bonded through that. My family knew eachother because we grew up together. But the Fake AH Crew forged a bond with time, patience and probably proving how they could rely on one another. Protect and defend one another like it was breathing and their bodies were on auto pilot.

Ryan walked back to the living room with a small smile, "All fixed. It's almost time guys. We should all turn in."

Gavin groaned, "Mr. Responsible here."

Ryan shrugged, "But if I let this go on you are going to live with the consiquences. Remember last time?"

Micheal's eyes went wide, "He wouldn't..."

I looked totally confused at both men, "Wouldn't do?"

"Geoff hid their consoles on them for a week once," Ryan mused.

"Fucking torture. Come on Mi-cool. We don't want a repeat of that," Gavin said while walking to his room.

"Right. Can you turn this off Ry?" Micheal asked while standing.

"No problem. We are right behind you," Ryan said while switching off the console, plugging in the controllers. Putting everything into its proper place like he was always the one to do so. After turning off the living room light he turned to where I still sat, "Well? Did you want to sleep out here?"

Laughing at myself more than him I got up and followed quickly behind him to our shared room. Opening the room door, he stood aside and let me enter first.