Chapter 27: Our Year

Here is an update to kick off the next couple days of our new year. I am so proud where this series has become and where it will take us. There is still more to go. And we still have more time. I know mine has been limited at moments, but there is no way in hell that I would give up on writing without a good damn reason. I was committed then and I am committed now. I am trying to manage my time and find good times to write. I am so happy that people are still sticking around with me. THANK YOU. Y'all have no idea how grateful I am for everything and I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

Chapter 27: Our Year

Working on a last minute assignment instead of getting drinks for the party is not what I planned when I got up this morning. I groaned as my laptop took forever to load up. "Nia I can go—"No, I am almost down with this paper, I just have to research this last thing and then make sure I write my conclusion right. Then—"Baby, Nia calm down. Do your paper and I will handle the party stuff until you're done." I sighed, pushing the laptop off my lap. "Yes, please so that. I know why I pushed this off, because it was going to take me longer to finish." He chuckles, coming over to grab his bag. I lean back to reach him.

"You know what to get?"

He nodded, "The list of yours is drilled into my head. He met my lips, giving me a little kiss. Grabbing his wallet and hat he started to walk out of the room. "Have I told you that I loved you today?" Raising up, I put in the password to my computer. "Yes." He winked, "Great. Work hard baby!" I rolled my eyes at him, trying to focus now.

~~~

Aiden

It took me a moment to realize how screwed I was going to be. Nia wanted Philly cheese chicken sliders, not steak ones. I hadn't made the chicken yet, but all of this needed to be made now. Not in the next thirty minutes. If she wasn't in our bedroom napping after I don't know how long it took her to finish her I would wake her up and have her help me. However I knew better than that. I've cooked before and I know how she wanted the food. I can do all of this and be ready by 6. I made my mission as I stared at the clock.

"Alright. Here we go."

After coming back from the store a second time, I was going to need a hand.

"You said you only need a little help. I thought that meant moving boxes or some shit. Not cooking." Adam and Finn stared at me as I started preparing the meat. "I do. I need you two to take theses decorations out of the bags and doll up the house. Try not to make so much noise though, Nia is busy." Finn crossed his arms, "Why don't you get her to help?"

 I put down my knife, "You guys wouldn't even need to be here if I thought about that already. I would have had my shit together. I probably would even have enough time to have sex with my wife before it all started to kick off the night, but I don't have anything together. So could you guys please help me out?" They nodded, grabbing the bags and pushing each other into the other room. Beth was soon to be here to save us, but until then It would be the three stooges.

I smiled at my reflection in the oven glass as I placed the sliders in. "Thank God that's done." I wiped my hands off on my pants and stood up. "You can thank him for my presence too." I jump, surprised to see Beth right behind me. She laughed, putting a hand on my shoulder. "I'm just kidding Aiden. I didn't mean to scare you." I shook my head, stepping back for her to look at the food. "Do you think you can handle the kitchen while I help the guys?" She nodded, putting on a stray apron Nia had hidden in a drawer somewhere.