Chapter 16: Honeymoon

Hey guys! This chapter is short, but it's just the beginning.  I don't know why it took me so long to write this, but here it is. :) Enjoy and Don't forget to comment. And check on my profile where I sent a message to all my followers. If you've seen it then tell me your ideas!  I need some! :)

Chapter 16: Honeymoon

"You and Me?"

I nod, swallowing my hesitation. "Yesterday Nia and I got married. Meaning that it's not just me anymore. I have a wife and a kid, two people that mean the absolute world to me. Whatever you think we had or can have is gone," I was never going to be with her, but this was my nice way implying that. She couldn't read the signs before, so telling her couldn't be a mishap. The least I could do was make it sound less brutal.

"It's gone, because I want to spend the rest of my life with Nia. You have got to respect that, Willow. I vowed to love, cherish, and protect her. And I will, from anything. You make her feel unsafe and scared. You have caused too many problems that I can't forgive. I know you did was in the past, and you got help for it. I believe you. I believe you got better, but that doesn't change anything. You still ruined my dreams. You clogged my lungs like smoke and make me feel like I'm drowning. That's how it felt. A tight chest, a paralyzed body, and swimming vision,"

Oh God, what is happening? I tightened my fist under the table.

Breathe Aiden. Breathe.

My phone vibrates in my pocket. Reaching for it, I looked at the message.

Wifey: I LOVE YOU AIDEN. You can go this. Inhale and Exhale.

My hands shook as I breathed in a hard breath. I let it out and it felt like a wave of relief. I repeat, turning to look at Nia. She stood there, like she was about to walk over. I shook my head, turning back to Willow. Her head was down, and as she looked up, her expression was surprising. For once she looked guilty. She didn't looked dazed and out of it. She looked guilty and shameful. "I'm trying to handle this nicely, but you have to leave us alone. I love my wife and our daughter and will do anything to keep them safe. Even If that means never talking to you again."

Never talking to her again didn't hurt me, but I know it did her. She nodded, not even looking at me. She looked over my head at something.

"What is it about her?" She asked softly, with no hint of bitterness in her voice.

"Everything. I love her. That's all you need to know." She nodded, looking me in my eyes. She got up and I watched her, expecting her to walk out. Yet she stopped, right in front of Nia. I immediately stand up, striding to them. Willow turned around and gave me a small smile. Her eyes looked pained, but there was no tears. She left the café and Nia looked up at me.

"What did she say to you?"

Nia shook her head, and stood up. "She just asked to look at the ring and gazed at it. Before she could touch it, I pulled my hand away and you came over." I pulled Nia to me and hugged her tight. "It's over now." She nodded in my chest and the happiness that swirled in me felt great. "Let's go."

~~~

Nia

"I love this," I sat down on the red couch, staring at out the doors that lead to the balcony that gave us an amazing view of the ocean. "It's a change from the mountains." Aiden put our suitcases on the floor and sat with me. "The view has changed, the heat is the same." He put his arm around me. The living room was beautiful, and so was the rest of the place. The granite tops in the kitchen made me want to cook something in it. The master bedroom blew me away as another door led to a private balcony. And the bathtub was big. It was Aiden's idea to stay here, and I was glad.