Chapter 36: Little Drums

You guys have no idea how awesome it felt to find out that OWR hit 1M!!!! I made a thank you video and posted it to my instagram: _karrie_999 and my twitter: kari_hampton so go ahead and watch it! I wanted to give a big thanks, because this story would not be where it is without you guys! I am so honored to be doing this everyday. You guys mean so much to me! THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!!!!!

Now on to what we're all here for!

Chapter 36: Little Drums

Aiden

Running through the doors I raced to find her room.

Beth had to be playing a joke.

The numbers flashed by and it seemed like I wasn't getting any closer.

This is not real. I'm going to go in here and she's going to be fine. She has to be fine.

I stopped at the room and immediately threw it opened. A doctor and Beth stood to the side discussing something, but all I could do was concentrate on her.

My wife was sound asleep. She laid what looked to be peaceful, but nothing was peaceful about this place. Hospitals only brought back bad memories for me, and this has only added on. Her bruised face was turned towards me, and the sight of it began to make things worse. The fabric of the hospital dress slipped a bit when she moved. A blue sling cradled her arm to her chest. "Someone please explain to me why my wife has a sling on her arm and a purple bruise on her face." Beth looked at me and sighed, "I haven't left her side, but she hasn't been awake since they popped her arm back in place. I should have seen all this coming. She went to the car and didn't come back." I shook my head, feeling my face get red.

"Beth I need answers."

She looked exhausted. Her eyes were puffy and she was still dressed up. I have never seen her like this. Sad and worried was not Beth's style. She isn't the emotional one, that was all Nia. Or me. I was the emotional one when it came to Adam and I. And this was something I wasn't going to be able to handle. "Kain is down the hall. They were brought in at the same time." I looked at her. "What?" She pointed to the hallway, "Kain Louis, the british hunk. He and Nia came in together. They said he was shot." I winced.

This was not good.

I walked down the hall to Kain's room and braced myself. This dude was not someone I wanted to see. I could go with never seeing him again, but if he knew anything about Nia's condition then I wanted to know.

I knocked lightly on the door, before pushing it open.

Walking around the curtain in the room, I was welcomed with a crying couple. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." Someone cleared their throat and spoke up.

"It's okay mate."

Kain turned to me and offered a small smile. "I am always surprised to see you." The woman stepped away to compose herself. That did not look like just his friend. "Same." There is not a moment where this wouldn't be awkward for me. "You know what happened." He nodded, sitting up in the bed. The wince that came from him sent the girl on her feet. "Be careful Kain." He flashed her a look and slowly fixed his posture. "This bloody bed is shit." She shook her head with a smile. "They are going to release you soon. Just stick it out." He smirked, and I felt so invasive. They were definitely more than friends. This beautiful chick was his girlfriend.

He looked back at me and sighed. "Willow wanted revenge."

The more the story ran on, the more I began to feel sick. Willow kidnapped Kain, to lure Nia to some white picket fence house and take our money. She did all of this for money and revenge. "And she shot you?" I asked one more time. I believed him when he said it the first time, but the things running through my head too fast. "She shot me after Beth called. I was only there for a prop. The real revenge started when Nia came. She had me to make her squirm." I frowned, feeling a bunch of emotions all at once. Anger, sadness, and worry cycled as the story continued. Two people were harmed by someone I brought into our lives. This all felt like a nightmare. Nothing like this could have truly happened in my world. My world was going up, and up, only to be brought down by vendettas. Anger started to take over the sadness.