Yoosung x Reader | Self harm

You rang Yoosung's doorbell, waiting patiently to see your boyfriend's cheerful face

You rang Yoosung's doorbell, waiting patiently to see your boyfriend's cheerful face. When he didn't answer, you tried the doorknob. It was unlocked. You opened the door, swinging it open with a soft creak. You stumbled blindly around in the darkness before noticing a single light on - the bathroom.

You walked towards the light source, your arms outstretched as you felt your way around, occasionally bumping into furniture. 'Yoosung? Are you here?' You called, your only response being silence.

You took a deep breath when you reached your destination. 'Yoosung? Are you in there?' You asked, your hand resting on the doorframe. You let out a short scream as you found Yoosung laying semi-unconscious, his arm covered in deep, bloody slits.

There was so much blood.

You rushed over to him, slapping his cheeks lightly a few times. 'Why, Yoosung!? You said you were happy!'

You wrapped his wrist in a towel before grabbing your phone out of your handbag. You dialled 9-1-1 with shaking hands, hardly able to keep your voice audible as you nearly screamed into the phone. 'Please you have to send an ambulance! It's an emergency!'

'Ma'am, please calm down. What happened?'

'My boyfriend, he's tried to commit suicide! Please, send help to xxx Street. Hurry!'

***

You watched as Yoosung was lifted into the back of the ambulance on a stretcher. You climbed into the back, sitting beside Yoosung, tears in your eyes. 'Why. . . ? Why, Yoosung? If you were unhappy, why didn't you just talk to me? I could've helped you. . .' You sobbed, burying your face in your hands.

A few days later and Yoosung finally opened his eyes. He found himself hooked up to an IV drip, as he lay idle in what looked like a hospital bed. He squinted, trying to allow his eyes to adjust to the light. He glanced around the room to see you sitting beside his bed. Your hand was still in his even though you were asleep.

'Y/N. . . ?' He called softly.

You stirred from your dreamless slumber due to the sound of his voice. You looked up, dark bags formed under your eyes and your make-up smeared down your cheeks from all the tears you had shed.

'What happened?' He asked with a wince.

You choked back more tears, biting your lip, 'Yoosung,' You started, 'You tried to commit suicide. . . I found you in the bathroom. . . It was horrible.' He looked horrified, as if your words had sparked memories. He then proceeded to look down at the bandage that covered his wrist. 'If you were having trouble Yoosung, you should have told me. We could have figured it out together.'

'I'm sorry, Y/N. . .'

'How long?' You asked, deadpan.

He couldn't meet your gaze, 'I've been feeling this way for a while now. . .'

'HOW LONG?'

He drew in a deep breath, 'It started about two months ago. When you went for that new job in July and when you had to leave the country on business matters in August.'

You couldn't hold back your tears, 'Two months! Yoosung--!'

'I didn't want to upset you so I stayed quiet and did my best to not think about it. But when you left me, I didn't know how long you or when you were coming back, if ever. . . So, So I--' He sobbed into his hands, 'I started off with shallow cuts but then, I just got overwhelmed and. . . I cut too deep.'

You threw your arms around him. 'I'm so sorry. . . Yoosung!'

Yoosung held you, 'I'm sorry too.'