Zen | Mutal Feelings

MC had been reading an article in a magazine. Today's feature was about Zen and his career as an actor. Zen was undeniably gorgeous and MC wasn't afraid to say so. However, that wasn't why she liked him. MC liked him because of how he treated her. He was confident and possessive yet loving and passionate - making her fall for him even more. Jaehee warned her against forming a relationship with him, saying that it was best for the sake of his career, but that only fuelled her affection even more. Zen was her best friend but she couldn't deny the feelings she had for him - they were stronger than anything she'd ever felt before.

MC had just finished reading the article, her eyes wandering to the large image of Zen, when the sound of her phone ringing startled her. She fumbled with her phone, heart racing. It was Zen.

'Hey babe, I got a new role today! And it's a big one!'

'Congratulations Zen. I'm so proud of you!'

'I love hearing you say that. . . Ahem, sorry for calling you at this hour. I hope I didn't wake you. . . ?'

'Ooh no, not at all. I was just. . .' MC glanced at the magazine, quickly flicking it shut, 'Reading.'

'That reminds me. I was just reading through my script. Do you want to hear a part?' Zen asked, sounding hopeful that I would say yes.

I smiled, 'Sure, why not.'

Zen cleared his throat, 'Wherever you are, whoever you're with. . . I'll find you and bring you back. Hang tight, my love.'
He rehearsed, 'How was that?' Zen cooed excitedly.

'That sounded amazing! I can't want to see you perform!'

The conversation continued this way until Zen finally hung up to go practice his lines. MC laid back, resting her head on her plump pillow. She then pulled the covers up, wrapping herself in them. Eventually, her racing heart began to slow. She stole a moment to breathe, closing her eyes only to be startled by a sudden ding from her phone. With a sigh, she unwrapped herself and rolled over towards the side table. She leant over and grabbed her phone, eyeing the text. It was a selfie from Zen, with the caption. 'Thinking about you.'

MC smiled, gently placing the phone back down.

***

The next day, Zen was acting rather strange. MC had just been chatting with him about the party she about who he was going to take when he made a proposition.

'I don't have anyone to go to the party with. It's just going to be and my lonesome self.' Zen said.

MC quickly typed out a response, 'Come on, don't be like that. You'll have us. You won't be entirely alone.'

'Ha, ha. Thanks MC. . .'

MC's heart started to pound, 'You know. . . If you want, you could come to the party with me?'

'What does that mean?'

MC groaned, 'Seriously? Do I have to spell it out for you?' When Zen didn't respond, MC quickly added, 'I like you, okay. I've had feelings for you for a while now. I've tried to ignore them because I didn't want to ruin our friendship but I can't suppress them any longer.' Zen didn't reply for a while, making MC's stomach drop. 'Just forget I said anything, okay?' She typed furiously, feelings tears start to well. Great, now I've gone and done it. I've ruined our friendship. I shouldn't have said anything. I should have been content with what we had. I'm sorry, Zen.

Just as MC was about to exit the chat and turn her phone off, Zen replied. 'You should have said something sooner.' He said, 'I've liked you for a while, too.'

MC smiled, hugging the phone to her chest in silent prayer.