Shit.

Casey pulled her sleeves down over her palms; she loved having little hoodie mittens. It was also a good backup in case something went wrong so they wouldn't slide up. That would be bad news bears. Casey couldn't even think of what Sam would say, and she would about die if Dean found out. Sam was logical, precise. Dean went with his gut and would rather yell first and apologize later than trying to understand from the beginning. He wouldn't admit it, but Dean was a sensitive guy. Sam was too, obviously, but he managed it better. He always thought through things practically before registering emotions about a situation.

Dean was humming along to one of the four tapes he had, this one was Survivor. Casey knew he was waiting for the climax of the cassette and was amping himself up for "Eye of the Tiger". The further he would get down the tape the more fidgety he would get. His tell was when he'd start bobbing his head. It would start small at first, hardly noticeable, but soon it would escalate into full on firm nodding. Next would come the bouncing of his left knee, which always made her anxious while he was driving. After knee bouncing came tapping on the wheel; he would start with the simple beat and eventually make his way past the bass line until he was tapping the melody on the vintage wheel. Sam found it annoying, but he was in the passenger seat so he had to "shut his cakehole and deal with it." Soon it would be humming, then mouthing the lyrics quietly under his breath. He would be bubbling with anticipation by the time "Eye of the Tiger" finally came on. Sometimes he'd sing along, although he couldn't sing for the life of him. He said the ability to sing didn't matter when it was one of your favorite songs, it was a God given right to sing along anyway. More often than not, though, he would lip sync passionately while staring in the rearview mirror at Casey to make her laugh.

Today was a singing day apparently. His song came on and all of a sudden there was a deep voice trying to sing much higher than it should have been. Sam was so used to it that his smooth stream of light snoring didn't even falter. Casey looked in the mirror at Dean bobbing and swiveling his head back and forth and let out a tiny giggle, he was so lost in his own little music video he didn't notice how intensely he was enjoying himself. Dean's eyes flicked up to meet Casey's and he increased his volume and pumped his shoulders while snaking his head back and forth to the rhythm. Casey grinned up at him and began to sing along while breaking out her own corny dance moves.

Sam's eyes opened finally and he looked back at his little sister and groaned. "Not you too," he whined. Casey twisted to point directly at Sam and spun her finger in a spiral and poked his nose on the word "tiger". He brushed her hand away and looked at his brother. "Where are we now?"

Dean shrugged. "Kentucky, I think. Shut up, you're ruining my solo." Sam rolled his eyes and looked out his window. Casey stopped dancing and smiled, feeling content. These were her brothers. Smart, sweet Sam and protective, wise ass Dean. They were the best family in the world. Castiel was also pretty cool, but he wasn't around as much.

Casey rolled down the window and leaned her head into the breeze. The car was stifling, what with Sam's snoring and the seventy-seven degree weather and a lack of air conditioning. Dean turned his head back towards her and cleared his throat.

"You hustling for gas tonight, sister?" Casey shook her head and frowned. "Then roll up the window." Dean was so protective of his baby, but it also didn't help that they were running on about nineteen dollars until they could hustle up some pool money at a bar.

"Dean, it's hot," Casey whined. She pulled up her puppy dog eyes and pushed her lower lip out some.

"Then take off your sweater," Dean replied in the same tone Casey had used, over dramatizing and dragging out the end.

"Dean, come on, man," Sam interjected. "It is hot in here and I don't feel like stripping for you."

Dean turned towards his brother. "Shotgun shuts his cakehole." He glanced back at his sister again and added, "And backseat rolls up the window."