The Rules

Status: CLOSED

Welcome to Cryptic Critiques.

This'll be a place to share opinions on what can be improved in your work, and we'll also highlight books that stand out so readers can find them. A member of @TheCryptic's High Council will look at everything any reader uses to decide if they want to continue with your story. To be specific, we'll be offering our thoughts on your cover, blurb and that all important first chapter.

Now, please be aware that a critique and review is not the same thing. We're going to be pointing out flaws in an effort to help you address them. This is about helping you, the writers of dark literature, improve your work. But, and we really mean this, we aren't going to bite off your head or send an army of robotic ticks to eat your flesh. If we like your work, we'll do more than just tell you. We'll tell all of Wattpad.

That's right, if we feel your work is at a professional level with a unique plot, you'll be given a shout-out and sent the coveted badge of the cryptic. You've won us over with excellent writing, so giving you the sticker only makes sense.

 You've won us over with excellent writing, so giving you the sticker only makes sense

Not every request will be accepted. It's our decision and ours alone. Simply comment below that you'd like a critique, making sure to include a link to your story, the title and the password. (The password is ahoy) Any and all requests without these requirements will be ignored or deleted.

That's our way of confirming that you understand what we've put in this chapter. It's our way of making sure you know the level of darkness you're walking into. If we accept your request you'll be notified. Your review will then be completed as time permits. Make sure you pay attention to the status at the top of this chapter. We even made it bold for your viewing pleasure.

Now, we've sharpened our blade, who's next?