The Nutcracker (History)

Start from the beginning

He then finished taking a drink and tied the cap back on as well. He then glanced back over at me. "So...what are you going to do?" He asked. I knew right away what my answer was. No way was I going to miss this chance of being on stage. I have waited for this moment all my life and to have it taken away from me because I can't do one single move, is ridiculous. 

"I am going to keep on practicing. I need to get it right before the end of the night. Or I need to at least try my best to." I mumbled, staring down at my feet. He chuckled at my answer. 

"Well, looks like we have a long night ahead of us then, don't we?" I whipped my head up to meet his and was confused at his words. 

"What? Ah, no. I can't ask you to stay to help me. It wouldn't be fa-"

"Well you aren't asking and I am insisting. This is a move between the two of us. It would be easier if I was here to help you then if you were by yourself. So, come on partner. Let's get this move down okay?" He extended his hand towards me and I laughed at him. I took his hand and he lead me to the center of the stage. We didn't have the music to dance to but we had listened to it enough the last couple of months that we had it completely memorized, note for note. 

"Let's start from the top of the dance, okay?" He suggested. I nodded, breathing out once before beginning. I can do this, I thought. I can do this. I then started to move on my own, following the rhythm in my head. I matched each movement perfectly, astonished by how fluent the moves were from step to step. Each limb was an extension of my body and it all moved as one. 

The scene was coming up and I turned to face YiJeong, getting ready for the move. He nodded at me slightly and I ran towards him, trying my hardest. I lept into his arms and...

~~~

*The Next Day*

Running behind, I made it to the rehearsal 15 minutes late. I quickly changed into my gear and appeared on the stage, panting heavily. Everyone turned to stare at me, as I had interrupted the practice of another one of the scenes. I quickly got off stage and went to sit in the seats as they rehearsed. 

I sighed, embarrassed. I then heard someone come and take a seat beside me, making me look over. 

"Hey, nice entrance," YiJeong teased. I laughed at his comment. 

"I slept past my alarms. I should have known I was going to be late," I said, trying to be quiet as the cast practiced. 

"But at least you are here now. That is what counts," He said. I blushed a little at his comment and hoped that he would stop because this was going to kill me if he kept on being nice to me like this. I cleared my throat, trying to shake off this feeling.

"Well, thank you again for last night. Really, I mean it," I thanked. He smiled and nodded.

"Of course. What are partners for? Right?" I laughed a little.

"Right."

"Okay everyone, that is the last of the rehearsals. It is now time to get ready. Everyone get to their fitting and make-up rooms. Curtains open in two hours!" The director yelled. We then both got up and headed up backstage. I started to head my way to the room when he stopped me.

"Hey Y/N," He said. I looked over at him in curiosity.

"Hmm?" I answered. He suddenly looked embarrassed and couldn't seem to form words. Confused, I waited for him to say something.

"Just...We got this okay? I will see you soon," He said and then left. I was lost. He stopped me for that? I quickly shook off his weird behavior and headed to the room to get ready.