Suicide Mission (Monsta X)

Synopsis: After zombies have taken over the world, Wonho and his friends try their best to survive. So when they start to run low on supplies and have to head to the city, will they find the supplies they need? Or will they die trying?

~~~~

The year is 2020. 

Everything has changed so fast. The world is completely different from what it used to be, what we used to know. For one thing, everyone is dead - or dead inside, as we like to say. Can you guess it? That's right...the world has been taken over, by zombies.

Walking, lifeless, people. The only thing they want is brains and luckily for them, the human race was easy prey. It all happened exactly four years ago today on Halloween night. Ironic right?

People were even dressed up as zombies that night and to think that they would later become them was terrifying. Luck for us, we were practicing in the studio that night, far away from where the outbreak happened. We were quickly evacuated and put somewhere to hid until it all died down. But it never did. 

No matter how many bombs, or helicopters came to reduce the never ending herd of zombies in Seoul, it wouldn't last long. Our hope for staying alive quickly went down the drain and the world was gone. 

The place we were dropped off at was this abandoned warehouse the company owned. It was actually used for one of our sets - Fighter. The warehouse was the same when we got there and we rarely leave it. It is like an iron fortress - almost impenetrable. I say almost as there has been one time where it didn't withstand the attack of the zombies. 

We even lost some of our members trying to survive - Hyungwon and I.M. That day haunts me and I will never forget it. Hyungwon was being cornered into one of the corners of the warehouse and I.M rushed to save him. The rest of us were busy trying to fight the rest of them off to realize what was going on. I will never forget the looks on their faces as the herd surrounded them, with no chance of surviving. 

We went after the herd, praying to make it in time before one of them got bit or even worse. However, things don't always work out the way you hope them to. By the time we had killed every walker in our path, they were both gone. I.M was on top of Hyungwon, most likely protecting him up until the very last minute, his eyes still open as we stared at their corpses. The worst was that then they both started to move - they had both become zombies.

And when we had to end it, putting our weapons through their skulls, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I remember cleaning the warehouse later that day and burning the bodies, all expect them. We made sure they got a proper burial and that they would never be forgotten. 

I now stared at the crosses above their graves, my heart aching for not being able to save them. I only wish that they could be here now, here with us, as we would have needed them now more than ever. We have to go back to Seoul. 

We haven't been back there since the breakout but we have been running out of food for months and all the places near us have been ransacked already. We were starving and we knew that was never good. Being weak is the last thing you want to be in a apocalypse. 

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me instantly react as I pulled my knife out ready to attack.

"It's just me, Wonho." Shownu said, holding both of his hands up, a little shocked by my reaction. I lowered my arm and placed the knife back on my belt.

"Sorry," I mumbled, turning back to look at the two graves before us. He sighed.

"It's my fault for sneaking up on you. Sorry," He apologized. I turned and gave him a slight smile. He smiled back, the corners of his mouth slightly up. "I miss them." He whispered, looking at the graves in front of us. "That should never have had that happened to them. None of this should have, but I guess the world has a way of telling us certain things." I stared at the crosses, reading over the engravings on the piece of wood. My heart ached for them but what is done is done. They can't ever come back.