Epilogue - Swan Song

Soft rain patters on the roof of the impala as we drive down the highway towards Detroit, towards the devil. Dean talked to Sam and told him that he's willing to go along with the plan. When he went to go get the ring, Death was waiting. He told him that he would spare Chicago and give him the ring, if he let Sam say yes to Lucifer in order to fulfil the plan. Dean lied at first, but after a conversation with Bobby he changed his mind.

Now we drive towards Detroit with a trunk full of weapons and demon's blood, just like how Future Dean and Lucifer told us it would happen when we went to the future. I sit nervously in the backseat, looking out the window as I chew on my thumbnail. We go over a bump and I feel someone fall on my side, I look over and see Cas fast asleep with his head on my shoulder. A small smile comes to lips and I adjust his position to make him more comfortable.

"Oh, ain't he a little angel?" Dean whispers, drawing my attention to find him looking at us in the rear view mirror.

Sam turns back and looks towards Cas, a frown forming on his face, "Angels don't sleep."

The mood of the car changes instantly, a sense of foreboding coming over us. I look down at Cas and know Sam is right, he's not okay and I'm really worried about him.

"Sam, I got a bad feeling about this." Dean says after a long moment.

"You'd be nuts to have a good feeling." Sam states and Dean shakes his head, "You know what I mean. Detroit. He always said he'd jump your bones in Detroit. Here we are."

"Here we are." Sam murmurs.

"Maybe this is him rolling out the carpet. He knows something we don't." Dean theories.

"Dean, I'm sure he knows a butt load we don't." Sam says, "But you gotta hope he doesn't knew about the rings."

Nerves run through me at his words, hoping that he is right. Those rings are the only advantage we've got right now, our only chance of stopping this all before it destroys the world. This is big and risky and there's a one in million chance of this working. But like k said, I believe in Sam and I know he can do this.

"Hey, um. On the subject, there's something I got to talk to you about. Both of you." He says, turning back and looking between Dean and I.

"What?" Dean asks, glancing away from the road.

"This thing goes our way, and I triple lindy into that box... You know I'm not coming back." He states and I glance at Dean, seeing his jaw become hard, "Yeah, we're aware."

"So you got to promise me something." He says and I nod my head, "Anything."

He looks between us, his face serious and slightly scared, "You to promise not to try and bring me back."

My eyes widen at his words and I see Dean tense up, "What?"

Sam gives him a look, causing Dean to shake his head, "No, I didn't sign up for that."

"Dean--" Sam begins, but Sam cuts him off, "Your hell will make my tour look like Graceland. You want me just to sit by, do nothing?"

"Once the cage is shut, you can't poke it Dean. It's too risky." Sam argues.

"No, no. As if I'm just gonna let you rot in there." Dean says and Sam stares hardly at him, "You don't have a choice."

"You can't ask me to do this." Dean says and Sam shakes his head, "I'm sorry, Dean. You have to."

"So then what am I supposed to do?" Dean demands, his tone raised and I feel the total pain in his heart because I feel it too.

"You and Addy, go find a place to live, settle into the suburbs, have children and live the life you've both wanted for years. You both go love some normal, apple pie life. Promise me, both of you." He says, looking between the two of us.