Chapter 39 - Two Minutes To Midnight

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Dean demands, his eyes wild with fury.

"Dean-" Sam begins, but he cuts him off, "No, don't 'Dean' me. I mean-- you have had some stupid ideas in the past, but this-- Did you know about this?"

He turns and looks to Bobby who wheels his way towards the kitchen, "What?"

"About Sam's genius plan to say yes to the devil?" He elaborates.

Bobby looks at him for a moment before giving him a small nod. Dean looks at him shocked for a moment before going back to furious, "Well, thanks for the heads up!"

"Hey, this ain't about me." Bobby says and Dean turns to Sam, "You can't do this."

"If that's the consensus." He says.

"All right. Awesome, the end of discussion." Dean says when his phone begins to ring, "This isn't over."

I run my fingers through my hair and lean back agains there fridge, feeling like I have a pounding headache. I've been out of commission for the past six weeks, letting my ribs heal from Zachariah's beating. When I was, the guys had a pretty eventful few weeks.

The first being that Gabriel reappeared after Sam and Dean were kidnapped by a bunch of pagan gods. He said he was there to save to them, not wanting to bring forth Lucifer. They wanted to end the apocalypse before it began, planning to use Sam and Dean as bargaining chips. But things didn't exactly go to plan. The gods were slaughtered and Gabriel sacrificed his life to save Sam and Dean. But he did leave behind something much more important. He explained that Lucifer can't be killed, but he can be sent back to the cage. In order to do that, we need the four rings from the horseman.

That's where things get more complicated. While the guys were hunting for Pestilence, Crowley, the demon that gave us the Colt to kill the devil, has decided that he wants to help us stop Lucifer. He helped kidnap a demon who was working for Pestilence, but it wasn't someone we would expect. Sam's friend from college, Brady. Apparently he had been possessed since their soft more year and in fact introduced Sam to Jess in order to set Azazel's plans in motion. After discovering what they needed to know about Pestilence, Sam killed Brady. 

But that's not the only thing Sam did while he was away, he came up with a plan. A plan to stop Lucifer. He believes that if he says yes to him, he may be able to overpower him and throw himself and Lucifer into the cage. That's why Dean is furious.

"Hello?" Dean growls into the phone.

"Cas?" He asks after a moment and I straighten up, worried for the angel that we believed was dead, "Is he okay?"

He holds up his hand as he speaks, "We all thought you were dead. Where are you?"

"Are you okay?" He asks before he gives a frustrated look, "You want to elaborate?"

"So a hospital?" He asks and I furrow my eyebrows, wondering why he would be there.

"Uh, well, I gotta tell you man, you're just in time. We figured out a way to pop Satan's box... It's a long story, but-- look, we're going after Pestilence now. So if you wanna zap over here--... What do you mean?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing together.

I fold my arms over my chest and narrow my eyes, wondering what's going on with Cas. Dean turns and looks back at me, "You mean you're out of angel mojo?"