Chapter 37 - 99 Problems

My stomach lurches in my stomach as we speed like a bat out of hell down the road, driving for our lives. My heart pounds in my chest as adrenaline runs through my veins, my breathing shallow and quick.

"Drive faster Dean." Sam begs, his hand grasping at his bleeding shoulder.

"I can't." Dean says before looking to Sam who breaths in pain, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm amazing." Sam scoffs.

"Have you ever seen that many?" I ask, glancing behind us to see the figures chasing after us.

"No way. Not in one place." Sam says, shaking his head and Dean groans, "What the hell?"

We take a rough turn around the corner, the tires screeching against the asphalt. But we are met with a burning wreck up ahead and Dean slams on the breaks to avoid a collision.

"Damn it!" Dean curses, before throwing the car in reverse and beginning to drive back.

The window beside me smashes open and hands reach for me, pulling me out from the window. I fight against them, my feet hooking onto the frame of the window as I grunt. Their arms apply pressure to my neck and cut off my air aupply, causing me to splutter. Suddenly, water sprays all over us and the demons scream in pain. The one holding me drops me and I land on the glass on the road, my skin being cut up.

Someone's voice over a megaphone begins to recite something in Enochian, which causes the demons to  to scream out and disappear from their host bodies. I look around with wide eyes until they completely disappear out of sight, leaving the bodies in their wake. I pant as I lay there, my eyes locked on the people in front of us.

"The three of you alright?" A man asks, walking forward and offering me a hand.

I take it and he pulls me to my feet as Sam and Dean exit the car. I wince at the movements as Dean looks at them in disbelief, "Peachy."

"Be careful. It's dangerous around here." The man says before beginning to make his way back towards the truck.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait." Dean says, walking around the car towards him.

"No need to thank us." The man calls over his shoulder.

"No, hold up a sec. Who are you?" Dean asks and the man turns around to face us, "We're the Sacrament Lutheran Militia."

"The what?" I ask, looking at him confused.

"I hate to tell you this, but those were demons and this is the apocalypse... So buckle up." The head guy says.

"Yeah we know, we've been fighting demons for a long time now." I say, wincing at the cuts on my skin.

"Really? You three?" The young boy asks, looking at me in particular.

I narrow my eyes at him, "What, a girl can't take on a couple of demons?"

"I wasn't saying that-" The guys begins but Dean cuts him off, "She's right. We've been doing this for a long time now."

"Yeah, prove it?" The other guy says, his eyes watching us suspiciously.

Sam, Dean and I exchange a look before we turn and lead them to the trunk of the impala. Dean opens it up, lifts out the false floor and reveals our large array of weapons that are sorted in the base of the trunk.

"Looks like we're in the same line of business." Sam murmurs, gesturing to the trunk of the impala as the three men look on.

"Yeah, and among colleagues." Dean adds on, nodding to the gun in the man's hands, "It's a police issued shotgun. That truck is inspired. Where did you pick up all this crap?"