Chapter 29 - When The Levee Breaks

The bottle clinks against the whiskey glasses as Bobby pours us a drink, us sitting in the library of his house after a long two massively big weeks were family secrets have come pouring out.

We received a call from a boy named Adam Milligan, who was looking for John. According to the young boy, he was John's son and after some digging we found out it was true. He didn't spend a lot of time with John, but enough to make his relationship with Adam look like a walk in the park compared to Sam and Dean.  His mother was missing and he needed help finding her, in the process revealing what John truly did for living.

Sam was rather reckless and demanded that Adam be taught the ways of a hunter, explaining to him that he can't have a real life outside of hunting, there being no point with this life. As we were hunting, Dean found out that it was in fact ghouls who had killed Adam's mother as well as Adam, meaning we had been spending time with a ghoul. They were seeking revenge against John for killing their father and decided that killing his next of kin would be good enough. We have Adam a hunter's buriel, signifying him as part of the family.

Then we had a whole other ordeal with Castiel. After he demanded we meet with him, we found his vessel instead, a man by the name of Jimmy Novack. The man wanted to be back with his family, but instead they were faced with great danger once demons took possession of his wife. We tried to rescue them, but were taken captive and Jimmy was shot. Castiel returned, taken possession of Jimmy's daughter and he and Sam defeated the demons. But Sam was weak and feasted on the blood of a demon to rebuild his strength and exorcise the demon possessing Jimmy's wife.

Jimmy demanded that Castiel repossess him and leave his daughter alone. Castiel then explained to Dean that he learned his lesson and would not reveal to him what he had learned. He disappeared then and we fought with Sam and locked him in the panic room to detox himself from his addiction to demon blood.

"How long's thing gonna go on?" Dean asks, taking the glass from Bobby as we hear Sam's screams from within the panic room.

"Here, let me look it up in my demon - detox manual. Oh, wait. No one ever wrote one." Bobby says sarcastically, "No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or even if Sam will love through it."

Bobby slides a glass over to me, but Dean knocks it out of my reach. I look to him and see his hard stare and I grit my teeth angrily as I settle back into my seat, not wanting to deal with his anger towards me right now.

The phone begins to ring and Bobby quickly finishes off his drink before answering the phone, "Hello?"

"Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you." Bobby says before hanging up angrily.

"What's up with Rufus?" Dean asks, looking away from me to Bobby.

"He knows." Bobby states.

The phone rings again and Bobby picks it up, "I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important."

He's quiet for a moment before he rushes over to the computer and begins to look up something, him writing down what Rufus has told him. He soon says goodbye and hangs up, still typing and printing.

"What's going on Bobby?" Dean asks, the both of us looking at him confused.

"The news. The news ain't good." Bobby says, handing us some of the news articles he's printed.

"This is what Rufus called about? 'Key West see's 10 species go extinct.'" Dean reads out from his pages.

"Yep, plus Alaska. Fifteen-man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, teacher goes postal, locks the door, kills exactly 66 kids. All this in a single day. I looked them up. There's no doubt about it. They're all seals. Breaking, fast." Bobby explains.