Chapter 35 - My Bloody Valentine

My back is pressed up against the wall as I sit cross legged on the bed, flicking through some books to do with our case. We arrived here after finding out about a couple were beginning to have sex when they began to eat each other, neither of them dropping for anything. Dean and I went to examine the corpses while Sam went to the apartment to talk to the roommate. The door to the room opens up and Sam walks in, a takeaway bag in his hand as he sips from a cup.

"How'd it go?" Dean asks, looking up from his laptop at the table.

"No EMF, no Sulfur. Ghost possession and demonic possession are both probably out." Sam says and I grunt, "Hmm, that's where I was putting my money."

"Nope." Sam says shaking his head.

"Well, then what then?" Dean's asks through a yawn, wiping at his eyes before he groans, "Ugh, died. At the corner's, you didn't see these bodies. I mean theses two started eating and they just kept going. I mean, their stomachs were full. Like thanksgiving dinner full. Talk about codependent."

"Well, I mean, we got out feelers out. Not much more we can do tonight." Sam says, taking a seat opposite of Dean and reaching for the laptop, "All right, I'm just gonna go through some files. I'll head off and meet up with you guys again tomorrow."

"Sorry?" Dean asks, looking over at Sam.

"Go ahead, do whatever the hell it is you guys do when I'm not around. I'll see you guys tomorrow morning." Sam says, beginning to pack away the laptop.

"Where are we going?" Dean asks and I glance over at him as Sam gives him a look, "Dean, it's Valentines Day."

"Oh..." He trails off.

I knew that it was Valentine's Day, and I was kind of hoping that Dean would plan something nice for the two of us. But by the expression on his face, I can't help but feel a little disappointed that he forget. Since we lost Jo and Ellen, things have been a little bit distant between us. I can see he blames himself for it, which he shouldn't because it wasn't his fault.

"I didn't think we were going to do anything." He says, looking over to me.

"Well, we didn't plan anything..." I trail off.

"I was thinking about just staying here and doing some research... Unless you wanted to do something?" He says.

I push away the hurt in my chest, gritting my jaw. I shut the book in my lap and shake my head, "Uh, sure. If that's what you want to do."

"I mean, we can go out if you want to. But I just didn't think that was gonna be something we celebrated this year..." He offers.

"Uh... No, don't worry about it." I murmur, not meeting his eyes. I get to my feet and grab my jacket from the bed, wanting to be alone for a while, "I'll be back in a bit."

Dean's eyebrows furrow and he begins to rise to his feet, "Addy-"

"I'll be back later." I murmur, grabbing my keys and heading out the door.

I ignore him calling out to me as I shut the door behind me, burying my hands into my pockets and beginning to walk away from the room. As I walk along the nighttime streets, I can't help but think of all the times Dean has denied alone time together. It's been a hectic month or so and we've had some rough cases to deal with, each coming with their own strains.