Chapter 36 - Dark Side Of The Moon

Stretching out my muscles on the bed, my eyes slowly open and take in the motel roof above me. I blink my eyes a few times, reaching up and rubbing them. I turn my head around and see Dean laying on his stomach next to me, his torso moving up and down in a steady, calming rhythm. I lean up on my elbows and lean over, placing a soft kiss between his shoulder blades.

I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and see Sam fast asleep as well, looking completely peaceful. A small smile comes to my lips at the sight of the two brothers. I gently make my way off the bed and go to the bathroom, shutting the door behind as I go the bathroom. I let out a long yawn as I sit there, us having travelled a long way yesterday after a case.

I flush the toilet and wash my hands, examining the rats nest that is my hair. I left my brush out in my duffel and I go leave, but the door is jammed. I tug at is once more and rattle the door knob, it not moving an inch. I knock on the door and call out, "Dean? Sam?"

"Addy!" Dean calls out loudly cautiously, which cause my whole body to be filled with alarm.

I continue to tug at the door harder as I hear the more than two muffled voices in the other room. Then suddenly I hear the sound of a gun cock and I freeze for a moment before I begin to really bang at the door. Then the sound of a gunshot fills the air and I completely freeze, "Oh my god." I whisper.

Before I know it, there's another gunshot and I call, completely in a panic now, "Dean!" I scream out.

There's no response and I begin to kick at the door, as hard as I can. It begins to budge slightly and I kick at it harder and harder until it flies open. I rush into the room and come to a stop, my heart stopping my chest as I take in the sight before me. There's blood covering the two beds and two bodies, causing my heart to tear into a million pieces.

"Oh god, no." I whisper, my hands reaching up to cover my mouth.

Tears begin to fall down my cheeks as I stumble forward and look between the two brothers, their wide dead eyes staring up at the ceiling.

"No." I whisper, walking over and kneeling down beside Sam, my hands fluttering over his bloody body before I look over at Dean, "No!" I scream out in a gut wrenching cry.

I cling at his body, his blood staining my arms and clothes as I grab onto his body and hold it to me, "No!" I scream out once more.

His beautiful hazel eyes stare blankly ahead, no sign of life in them. I close mine and lower my head to his, my sobs filling the room. I feel like I can't breath, that my heart is being ripped out of my chest.

"Dean!" I scream, throwing my head back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's some time later, my head pounding as I sit there, holding my dead husband in my arms. I lift my head up and slowly look at Sam, a whole other world of hurt added to the pain. The two people I love most in this world are dead and I couldn't do a thing to save them. And then a thought comes to mind. I can't, but maybe someone else can.

I slowly make my way out from Dean before reaching over to my phone with shaky hands. I press the fourth speed dial and the phone rings for a moment before he answers, "Addison?"

"Cas, you need to get here now." I say, my voice gravelly as I stare at Dean's lifeless body.

"What's wrong?" He demands.

"I'm in room 14, Roosevelt Motel, Aldon Louisianna." I say before hanging up.

I hear the sound of a whooshing and I turn around, seeing Castiel standing there. He is frozen in shock, his eyes taken in both Sam and Dean.