Chapter 13 - Simon Said

"I don't know man, why don't we just chill out and think about this?" Dean says and I give him a look.

While we were at a gas station earlier, Sam had a premonition about some man shooting up a store and killing a lot of people. Dean caught him and now we're driving back to Ellen's to see if there is something Ash can tell us about it.

Sam reaches forward and turns the music off, "What's there to think about?"

"I just don't know if going to the Roadhouse is the smartest idea." Dean states.

"It's another premonition, I know it. This is gonna happen and Ash can tell us where, plus it could have some connection with the demon. My visions always do."  Sam argues.

"That's my point. There's gonna be hunters there. I don't know if going and announcing that you're some supernatural freak with a demonic connection is the best thing okay?" He says and I know immediately he's crossed the line.

"So I'm a freak now?" Sam asks, looking at his brother offended.

"You've always been a freak." Dean teases after a moment, hoping to lighten the mood.

I shake my head at him and settle back into the backseat, knowing that Sam is not going to let that go. As much as I love him, Dean has a horrible way with words at times and he always puts his foot in it. Whether it be minor or major. We drive in silence towards the road house and I know that it's going to be a particularly long case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We pull up out front of the road house and climb out, the music from inside muffled to our ears. We walk towards the door and go inside, seeing a few people in the bar. Jo turns and smiles at us widely, a wad of cash in her hands.

"Just can't stay away huh?" She says, smirking at me and I roll my eyes, "Yeah, looks like it. How're you doing Jo?"

Sam walks forward immediately, "Where's Ash?"

"In his room." She states and Sam smiles at her quickly before walking away.

"And I'm fine." She calls after him and Dean steps forward, "Sorry, he's- we're kind of on a timetable."

"Catch up with you in a sec." I say, giving her arm a squeeze before heading towards the back room.

Sam looks towards us frustrated and I take in the sign before stepping forward and giving a knock, "Hey, Dr Badass."

The door opens and I close my eyes and scrunch up my mouth, trying to erase the image of Ash's naked body, "Addy, Sam, Dean? Addy, Sam and Dean."

"Hey Ash, we need your help." Sam says.

"Oh, hell then. I guess I need my pants." He says before closing the door on us.

I stifle a chuckle and shake my head, heading back out to the bar. Ellen walks past and she smiles wildly as she sees me, "Hello beautiful, when did you get back?"

I pull her in for a hug, "Like two minutes ago, we need to talk to Ash about a case." I explain as I pull away.

"You should stay the night, relax and hang out." She suggests and I shake my head, "I'd love too, but we're on a time sensitive case at the moment."