Chapter 14: ➣ Two Ghosts In Luigi's Mansion

Start from the beginning

"Skyler, I'm getting impatient. Where the fuck is it?" He repeated sternly, his voice getting angrier by the passing second. Gabe looked like he wanted to laugh but taking in the current situation he looked just about ready to piss his pants.

I was so dead.

Why was I always so close to death?

Why me?!

"Skyler!" He snapped and I jumped clenching my eyes as I held up my tub of ice-cream for protection.

"In my bra," I blurted suddenly, covering my face with the ice-cream to save myself from being sent 6ft under. Yeah, like that's ever going to save me from Xavier's wrath. 

Instead of putting a bullet in between my eyes like I expected, he took a step back looking at me weirdly. Yeh, I know, if I wasn't me I'd be wondering why someone would have a phone in their bra too, "And why the hell is it in there?"

I shrugged, not really knowing how I can word this for him in a way that will make me look any less stupid. "Get it out," 

Quickly I shifted the tub of ice-cream from both hands to one and retrieved the black iPhone tucked safely in my bright pink bra. Meekly, I extended the phone forward as the weirded out look on Xavier's face deepened before he snatched the phone back. His jaw clenched and the fire never left his eyes as he gazed at the phone in his grasp.

"In case you've forgotten Gabriel, I have a tracking system enabled on the phones of every single gang member I have," My mouth fell open at the accusation and I turned to glare at Gabe, who shrugged back at me innocently. What an idiot. I mentally face-palmed myself for it, how did I not think of this before?

A tracking system.

He has a ducking tracking system to his convenience. I don't know if that's a normal thing or just plain stalkerish.

I watched him turn to Gabe, who was standing rooted to his spot and tossed his phone back.

"What was the rule?" He demanded the both of us, his teeth gritted in annoyance. Gabe and I shifted our gaze to each other looking as pale two ghosts in Luigi's Mansion.

"T-To not leave the house without permission..." We muttered in unison, staring at our feet now, trying hard not to look into Xavier's blazing eyes.

"And you broke that fucking rule. You both disobeyed my orders!" Well for ice-cream I would go against fate if it ever came to that. "You are both under house arrest until I say so!" He snapped, making my jaw hit my feet.

"Hey! That's so un-" His head whipped to face me so fast I was sure he had just cracked his neck. "Don't fucking talk back to me Skyler," he barked, shutting me up instantly. Goddamn, is he controlling when he's mad. 

"Leave," He hissed at Gabe, who didn't have to be told twice as he abandoned me with the devil himself. I mentally sulked at the circumstances I was left, facing off with this monstrosity with no one to even spectate or a referee for a fair fight. 

Thanks a bunch Gabriel. 

"You," He snapped, grabbing my forearm before I had a chance to waddle myself out too like a duckling tailing it's mother. "You are the fucking reason he went against my orders,"

I opened my mouth to protest, before he cut me off, "God dammit Skyler, why are you so fucking difficult?!"

I held myself from rolling my eyes instinctively and instead just shrugged, making him squeeze my forearm hard. "Ow what the heck?!" I jumped, feeling his talons for nails dig into my skin. With all the wiggling I was doing, I dropped my tub of ice-cream as it settled by my foot.

He ignored me, "You're going to stay with me from now on,"

"What?" Stay with him? The duck does that mean?

"You are going to be somewhere I can keep an eye on you, and you do as I say!" He explained rudely. Wait so if he happens to be showering...do I just sit on the bathroom floor waiting? "And one more thing. You aren't allowed to associate with any of my gang members anymore,"

"WHAT?!" I demanded, looking at his fully serious expression, "What do you mean? I can't talk to them?!" He nodded, infuriating me even further.

"Y-You can't do that!" I snapped, writhing in his grasp to escape it.

"Watch me," He replied sternly, looking the least affected by my attempts to escape. With that, he turned my arm over, dragging me out of the convenience store, before I had a chance to steal my ice-cream with me.

"Xavier stop!" I yelled, trying to wiggle out of his death grip to once again to run for my life. Well, waddle for my life. "Stop it! Let me go!" 

He ignored me, hauling me out to the several black SUV's parked in the small parking space the small store had. My jaw dropped at the amount of men holding loaded gun stood out the front, guarding the area and keeping eye on the perimeters.

Like c'mon, it's like a freaking bodega in the middle of nowhere, what did he expect was going to attack us here? A power hungry Alpha trying to build a pack? Damn, I wish.

My thoughts were cut off when Xavier tugged my arm hard, making it almost jerk off as he threw me into the back seat of one of the SUVs like a rag doll.

"Xavier, you asshole!" I screamed and almost all the trained men standing around us flinched, their eyes widening at the disrespect I was giving their boss. "I hate you!" 

He stared at me, clutching the door with a bored expression etched on his face in contrast to my seething one, "Yes, I know," He smirked, slamming the door before I could castrate him.

God, I hate that narcissistic, gun-wielding, self-absorbed, rude duck thief!

And what angers me more is the fact that he clearly enjoys my annoyance towards his actions! Almost as if he gets up each morning just to make my day a living hell.

Geez, he is an asshole.