Chapter 21 (unedited)

Start from the beginning

"Hey," I turn to Eunice. "Should we head for shelter for the night rather than sleep in here?"

I look at her alarmed. "What's wrong with sleeping in the car?"

"It's pretty stuffy when you think about it and I need a flat surface to relax on," she says.

Flashbacks of the last time I was in a motel hit me over and over again. To make matters worse, police are looking for me. I need to stay on the down low for a while.

"Annabel," Eunice says. "Nothing's going to happen, I'll make sure of it."

I nod and release a sigh. Maybe this was a sign. I couldn't sleep in cars forever right? Besides my back was getting a bit sore from the cramped space.

She smiles and we head onto the main highway to enter the next town or city. When Eunice reads out the name of an area out loud, she tells me it's another town.

"Eunice, do you remember what you told me about returning to my Mate?" She turns to me and shakes her head. "Well you said that when I go back to him, keep him close."

At that, I find recognition flare through her eyes. "Yeah?" She says not understanding where I'm going with this.

"You're absolutely right. After this, when all our problems are resolved I'm going to tell him exactly how I feel about him."

Eunice jumps out of her seat startling me. "Awh," she says clasping her hands together. "And then you'll have mind blowing steamy sex, followed by-"

I blush at her words and bite down on my lips. Hopefully that'll happen, I mean it's been awhile-

I turn to Eunice startled by her sudden pause when I notice that she's unconscious. My eyes widen and my heart beats a thousand miles per hour causing me to lose my concentration on the road.

The vehicle behind me honks as I turn the steering wheel to the side forgetting where we're at. I steer into the next lane when a force bumps us from behind. Surprised, I turn back around to try and steer on straight but I clash into the car in front of me. With a scream, the front glass explodes and I stomp on the break making Eunice's unconscious body slouch forward.

Staring around dazed I fight to keep my eyes open. Glass finds its way into my skin and I barely notice Eunice jump out of her seat wide awake. "Anna!"

Leaning my head against the steering wheel, I listen to the honking noise around us. "Holy shit Anna," Eunice comments. This situation reminds me of my first car accident back in Canada when Dalton's pack attacked me. Eunice reaches over and places her left hand on me and the glass pieces that stuck into my skin, healed instantly. I want to tell her that my Wolf could heal me but the words don't come out.

"We need to do something," I cough out. "We can't stay here."

"Come on," Eunice says opening the door on her side. I do the same and together we stumble out. The vehicle in front that I crashed into stopped and the driver was getting out. The one behind us was honking intensively. Other than that, there were only two other cars, one a truck, on either side of us.

"Hey."

We turn to find the driver in front walking to us. She looks at our car and then hers. Finally she looks us up and down at our unmarked bodies. "I'm going to call police."

Eunice shakes her head. "You don't have to do that ma'am, we can talk this out."

The lady shakes her head and turns to get back to her vehicle. Eunice and I stare at each other in obvious panic. "Lady!" The driver turns around. "Can we wait until the morning?"