twenty seven

I opened my eyes and glanced at Simon - one of his arms were tucked around my waist, the other draping across my stomach, and his face was buried in the crook of my neck. I smiled; loving how adorable he was. I disliked the fact that I had to ruin the moment, but I needed to get ready for work.

"Simon," I whispered, stroking his arm gently.

His eyes fluttered open, a smile forming when he saw me and the position we were currently in.

"Morning," Simon whispered, his voice croaky from just waking up.

"I need to get up, hun,"

"Just stay here a little bit longer?" He asked, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Alright, just a little bit longer though: I have work soon."

Simon pulled a cute smile and snuggled up to me more, "Thank you." He whispered.

❁❁❁

We cuddled for ages - no words were spoken, only sighs of happiness. Simon would occasionally draw shapes on my stomach and I'd stroke his arm or play with his hair. He always made me feel so magical, but once again, the time came, and I needed to get up and ready for work.

"I really need to get up now, Simon," I said, not even trying to move.

"Can't you just not go to work?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"No Si, I have to go to work," I replied, sitting up and swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

Simon's arms stayed firmly around my waist. I tried standing up, but he just pulled me back down.

"Please? I promise we can cuddle later,"

"Fine,"

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, before standing up and walking to the bathroom. I turned the shower on, and stripped my clothes off whilst waiting for the water to warm up. I started singing quietly - the song that was stuck in my head, until I decided to finally step into the shower. The water was the perfect temperature; soothing my skin and loosening the knots in my muscles. I closed my eyes and leaned against the cold tiles, resting my head. I was so caught up in the relaxing moment that I didn't hear Simon come in.

"I'd lock the door next time, babe."

My eyes shot open and my hand flew up to my heart.

"Oh my days, you scared the shit out of me." I said, even though a smile was plastered to my face.

"Sorry," He said, pulling me in for a hug.

I rested my head against his chest and put my arms over his shoulders; his arms wrapping around my waist -like always. I'd lost track of time by now, and was starting to care less and less about being late for work. Unfortunately, the nice moment was ruined because the warm water turned freezing cold (due to someone else running water somewhere in the house) and I yelped, breaking the cute embrace that Simon and I were in. I quickly jumped out of the shower, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my body. Simon started laughing as he turned the shower off and stepped out of shower.

"It's only cold water, Haylee," He chuckled.

"I know, but I was relaxed and it ruined the moment." I pouted.