twenty four ; 1

"Don't go,"

My heart crumbled as I watched him break down in front of me.

"Please..." Tears cascaded down his face making me feel even worse. Words couldn't even describe how hard I was trying, to stay strong.

"I have to. To keep us both safe... I don't want to." I said, my heart beating painfully.

"Then stay," Simon pleaded, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers together; making it harder for me not to whimper and cry.

"You have no idea how much I want to." I whispered, instantly regretting it.

"I don't understand." Simon said. I noticed how broken he sounded.

"I know - I just can't tell you."

"W-why?"

"I jus- I just can't, I'm sorry."

I took in a deep breath of air, and held it. I felt tears escaping the corners of my eyes. The pressure built up, and up until I couldn't take it anymore.

"I can't, I can't... I can't do this anymore! I don't want to go!"

Tears fell and fell, and didn't stop falling. I collapsed to the floor, just crying.

"Aria..." Simon whispered, picking me up, gently.

I automatically wrapped my legs around his waist - out of habit. I didn't want to continue to get so attached, but I needed him.

"Please... Please, just let me take the pain away, tonight." Simon said, still crying.

"I'll give you one more time..." I said, looking deeply into his eyes, trying to take pictures in my mind of his uncanny beauty.

I leaned in, locking our lips in a kiss that we both knew would probably be our last. It was soft, and full of passion. In that one kiss, I knew that leaving would be the hardest thing I'd ever have to do, but I'd promised.

And I gave him one more time to take the pain away, and it helped, until it was over and the realisation kicked in. As I watched Simon sleep - he was so mesmerising in his slumber - the pain increased more and more. I sat at the end of the bed. Every so often he would let out a soft sigh or groan, sending shivers down my spine; making my heart flutter. I knew it was going to be so hard to leave.

I checked the time. 3:32 am. I'd leave before 6:00, so I still had time to watch him and continue to think about all of the memories that we'd shared- taking pictures in my mind, again. I could tell that he wasn't sleeping peacefully - even if it looked like he was. I grabbed a pen and some paper and began writing.

Simon,

By now I'll be long gone and I'm sorry. If it was my choice, I'd still be next to you right now, telling you how much i love you because I don't say it enough.

It's irrelevant, but I'm listening to Somebody Else. You know, by my favourite band, The 1975. I'd always blare their music out and try to get you at least the slightest bit interested. I'm pretty sure you love them now, all down to me. I feel like this song applies to us, right now. Exactly. I don't know, I'm just writing my thoughts down right now; they probably don't even make sense. I'd hate to think about you with somebody else... This ain't the last time that I'll see your face. Remember that, please. Just don't, ever... forget me. x

I love you- Aria, x

hey

i like this

notice my 'robbers' reference and my 'somebody else' reference? ;)

actually nah, no one who reads my shit, likes the 1975

this breaks my heart

jk jk

it only kills me the slightest bit

i don't even know anymore

anyway, i hope you liked this

as you can see from the title, there will be a part two, so yay....?

maybe...

thanks

bye

-sophie, x