four

It was around 7:00 pm on Sunday, and I was sat in bed feeling constantly sick. I had an awful stomach bug and it was so painful. Every so often, I would have to rush to the toilet and throw up, so I wasn't very happy. Simon, being the kind soul he is, had made me a cup of tea, and was also making me a hot water bottle.

Walking back from the bathroom, I slipped back into bed and grabbed my laptop. I went onto YouTube and typed in: Miniminter. Even though he was my boyfriend, Si was genuinely my favourite YouTuber.

"Missing me already, huh?" I heard him ask, teasingly.

"Hmm, not so much. I'm in too much pain to be thinking about you right now." I smiled weakly.

Simon placed the hot water bottle on my bed side table, and went round the other side of the bed. Gently, he picked me up, and sat me on him, hugging me tightly.

"Try and forget about the pain, baby." He said, kissing my head and resting his head on my shoulder.

I felt stupid for ruining the moment, but had to - as quick as I could - get out of his grip and dash for the bathroom. Simon seemed to understand and he held my hair and rubbed my back as I was sick. I didn't want him to see me like this.

After I washed my mouth and trudged back to bed, I felt a warm tear trickle down my face. And another. And another. I wish he didn't have to see me like this, I hated it so much. I just felt so stupid for crying over it.

"Elsie? Why are you crying?" Damn it, I didn't want him to realise. Not wanting to speak, I just shook my head and lead it down on my pillow.

"I, I," My voice was croaky and disgusting. " I don't want you to see me like this. I'm such a mess."

"Get up." He ordered. So I did, reluctantly.

"Listen to me baby. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You have changed my life and make me happy to wake up everyday next to you. When you cry or feel sick, I love comforting you, and making you feel better. You always look beautiful, even if you don't believe it. I love you Elsie, with all my heart." That was the first time he'd said it.

"I love you too, so much Simon. Thank you." Happy tears were now rolling down my face as I pulled him in for a kiss. He hugged me tightly, and put me into bed and kissed my forehead.

"Get some sleep, little one."