Chapter 27

Hellooo I've been REALLY excited to write this chapter for awhile now, I hope you guys enjoy. I may not be updating for awhile, it depends on whether or not I find something to update this on. Thank you for reading!

Chapter 27

Rachel's P.O.V

I wake up in the middle of the night to my phone ringing, I rub my eyes and check my phone. It's 3 in the morning and Wesley's name shows across my screen. I haven't talked to him since Keaton showed up at my house that one night.. Almost 3 weeks ago. What could he want now?

"Hello?" I answer, biting my lip nervously.

"Rachel? I uh.. I have something to tell you." Wesley's voice speaks through the other line. His voice shakes and it sounds like he's been crying.

"Okay?" I say urging him to go on

There's a long pause, then Wesley takes a deep breath

"It's Keaton. Listen I know you two are technically separated right now but I know he's torn about it and you must feel the same." Wesley takes a moment and clears his throat. "He's in the hospital right now. He had to go into an emergency room. He's not awake and uh." He clears his throat again "Things aren't looking to good for him." He finally finishes and my heart drops.

Keaton is in the hospital. My mind stops. It seems the world has stopped its turning, stopping and waiting for my reaction. I try to speak past the lump in my throat but I can't. I clear my throat and breath out

"What hospital?"

"Red Luther Hospital." Wesley responds "Listen Rachel, you don't have to come down here I uh just didn't want you out of the know."

"I am going to do whatever I can to get over there." I say and Wesley takes a breath

"Alright."

"Okay I'll see y-"

"You know he really loved you right?" Wesley cuts my off, his words make me stop in my tracks.

"Yes." I have to clear my throat before continuing "I know that."

"I just wanted to make sure. We'll see you soon." He says and hangs up.

I don't take a moment of thought before I dial Alyssa's number and jump out of bed.

"C'mon Alyssa answer." I say to myself as I throw off my pajamas, struggling to keep the phone to my face.

"Hello?" Alyssa's tired voice answers and my shattered heart leaps.

"Alyssa! I need you to pick me up." I say into the phone as I slip on a pair of loose blue jeans.

"What? Rachel it's 3 in the morning." She responds

"It's Keaton." I say and Alyssa sighs

"What now?" She says, her voice laced with annoyance

"He's in the hospital. He um... He might not make it." I say and wipe my face, I just realized that I have been crying this whole time.

"Oh my god. I'll come over and get you." Alyssa says and I let out a breath of relief.

"Thank you so much." I say as I through on a black jacket over my gray tank top.

I hang up the phone and put on my converse. I don't give myself time to think about anything, I grab a bag and hurry to the kitchen to put snacks and waters in.

Keaton is in the hospital. I avoid picturing his beautiful head laying against the cold white hospital pillows. I suck in a breath and wipe my eyes, I have to be strong. He is going to wake up. He has to.