Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Keaton's hand finds mine as we walk up to the white houe, Keaton's parent's house. I can hear my heart beat in my ears I'm so nervous. I hope I don't look like a wreck because I feel like one, Keaton strokes my fingers with his and it soothes me slightly. Me, Keaton, Wesley, and Drew walk up to the door and a wave of panic washes over me. I hope his parents like me.

Wesley knocks on the door twice and we all wait for Keaton and Wesley's parents to come to the door. Suddenly the door opens to reveal a pretty blonde woman, Laraine. She smiles warmly at us, her smile reminds me of Keaton's.

"Hey guys!" She exclaims before pulling Wesley into a hug

"Hey mom." Wesley says when she pulls away to hug Drew.

"Hey Laraine." Drew says casually

Laraine's eyes fall to me and she smiles approvingly, I smile back at her and say

"Hello I'm Rachel." My voice sounds slightly shaky and she smiles at my words

"Oh I know who you are." She giggles "Keaton never stops talking about you!" She exclaims and Keaton stiffens beside me, the boys laugh at him and I join in. Laraine smiles and surprises me by pulling me into a hug, her embrace is warm and she smells like cookies. 

"Nice to meet you dear, call me Laraine." She says as she pulls away from our hug, I nod at her and she moves on to hug Keaton

"Hey mom." He says hugging her back.

"Come on in." Laraine says stepping inside the house, we all follow her and Keaton grabs onto my hand. I look at him and he smiles at me sweetly, I give his hand a squeeze as we walk inside.

The house is a two story, it's decorated and has a very warm feeling to it. It smells like food in the house and my stomach rumbles. When we get inside a man walks in the room from around the corner, it's their dad.

"Hey!" He says addressing everyone in the room with a warm smile, his smile resembles Wesley's

"Hey dad!" Wesley says hugging his dad, Drew gives a polite wave. Keaton's dad eyes settle on me and Keaton and he smiles

"Hello I'm William." He says shaking my hand that isn't intertwined with Keaton's, he smiles at Keaton as he addresses him

"Hey dad." Keaton says before he lets go of my hand and gives his dad a hug. When Keaton pulls away his hand immediately goes back to mine.

"Well lets all go sit down!" Laraine exclaims leading us into a room down the hallway, it's got a few couches and a tv in it. I suppose its the living room, the kitchen is attached to this room and the smell of good food is strong. 

Laraine takes a seat on one of the couches, William sits next her and Wesley and Drew sit on one couch and me and Keaton take the last one. Keaton's hand squeezes mine as we sit down and I look at him, he smiles at me warmly and I smile back. 

"So Rachel, you're 15?" Laraine asks

"Yeah I am." I say and she smiles

"That's good, how do you do in school?" She asks me smiling

"I do pretty well, I get straight a's." I say and she smiles at my answer

"That's great!" She says and I smile at her reaction

"Rachel's really chill mom." Wesley says, his words make my smile. I really had no idea whether Wes or Drew liked me, I'm glad to know Wesley does. Drew smiles and nods at Wesley's words and I'm glad to know Drew likes me as well.