Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I wake up Friday morning to a few texts, Keaton texts me good night and good morning every day. I've talked to him a little since the last time I saw him Sunday, I've been hanging out with my usual friends. It feels nice to hang out with them all, I've missed them. I wish Keaton could come down and hang out with us but I don't want to bother him, I know him and the boys are working hard.

I head to school and my classes pass smoothly, I get good grades. School's pretty easy for me and I don't have to work hard to get good grades. The school day ends and we all pile into Kyle's car to go eat. I can't help but think of Keaton as I sit in the back, I wish he was sitting next to me in the car. We go to eat at Taco Bell and I laugh as Kylie orders enough to feed a whole family. 

"Where's Keaton been?" Kyle asks me once we all sit down, Alyssa shoots him a look but he doesn't notice. I watch as he puts his arm around her and I smile at their interaction

"He's been busy." I say and Kyle nods, we all eat and I laugh as Kyle tells an embarrassing story about Steven at foot ball practice.

"Hey you're Keaton Stromberg's girlfriend right?" I hear a girl say to me, I look up to see 2 girls standing next to our table. My heart practically stops at their words.. What do I say? Am I his girlfriend..

"Umm we're friends." I say to them smiling, I decide it would be best to just say we're friends.

"Can we get a picture with you?" One of the girls asks, they're both pretty. One blonde one brunette, they both smile at me sweetly

"You want a picture with me?" I ask confused

"Yeah! You and Keaton are suuuuper cute!" The blonde exclaims drawing out the word super. I smile at them

"Of course you can have a picture." I say and stand next to them.

"Can you take the picture?" The brunette asks holding her phone out to Kyle, he nods and the girls stand next to me. They wrap their arms around my back and I'm not sure where to put mine so I just put them around their shoulders. I smile awkwardly at the phone and Kyle hands it back to them.

"Thank you so much!" The blonde says to me smiling

"No problem." I say and the girls walk away giggling.

My friends all look at me weird and I shrug my shoulders. We all finish eating and Kyle drops me off at home. When I get inside I say hello to my mom before retreating to my room. My phone rings and my heart leaps when I see Keaton's name on the screen

"Hi." Keaton says on the other line, I giggle at how cute he says hi

"Hey Keaton." I say and I hear him chuckle on the other line

"How are you?" He asks and I smile

"I'm good how are you?" I laugh at how normal our conversation sounds

"Pretty good, do you want to come out here tomorrow?" Keaton asks, I think about what happened last time I visited Keaton . It ended badly.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask, if he has another kick back planned theyre's no way I'm going

"Umm actually I uh... Wanted to know if you wanted to meet my parents." Keaton says nervously, I smile at his words.

"Of course. Yeah I'll go." I say and I hear Keaton let out a breath he must have been holding in.

"Thank you, me, Drew, and Wes will come pick you up tomorrow.. Is 12 okay?" He asks rushing his sentences together. I giggle at how nervous he sounds

"Yeah that's great." I say 

"Okay.. good." Keaton says 

"Good." I respond, giggling quietly

"I have to go I'll text you later." Keaton says and I frown slightly

"Okay." I say, I don't want him to hang up so soon but I guess he's busy.

"I uhh... I love you Rachel." Keaton says nervously and I smile at his words,

"I love you." I say back and I smile at how the words sound. We exchange goodbyes and I sit down on my bed. 

I'm actually nervous for tomorrow, what should I wear? I hope they like me.. I decide to go talk to my mom about it. When I go in the office she's in there on the computer working.

"Hey Rachel." She says not looking at me

"Hi.. Keaton wants to know if I can go to meet his parents tomorrow." I rush out, my mom turns to look at me.

"Oh.. So you two are serious?" She asks me, I haven't talked to my mom much about Keaton. She doesn't even know we've kissed before.

"I think so, he's met you guys and wants me to meet his parents.. I'd say that's serious." I say, my mom nods

"They live in Huntington Beach?" She asks, I nod my head

"I'll let you go, just be careful. Keaton seems really sweet." My mom says, I smile at her words

"Yeah he is." I say

"He seems to really like you." My mom says and I smile

"Yeah I think he does.. I really like him too." I say and blush, my mom smiles at me

"You two make a good pair." My mom says and I thank her.

I spend the rest of the night normally and lay in bed so I can get up with enough time tomorrow to get ready. I hear my phone go off and I look at the text I know is from Keaton

Hey Rachel! I'm excited for tomorrow,don't be nervous they'll love you (:

I smile at his text and set my phone down to go to sleep. I wake up the next morning at 10, I shower and shave my legs like 3 times because I'm so nervous. I blow dry and loosely curl my long brown hair. My hair goes down to my waist, I've had to grow it out for a few years and it's worth it. I put on some make up, thin eyeliner mascara. By the time I'm done it's almost 12 and I don't have time to eat, I wouldn't have anyways, I'm way to nervous.

I go in to my room to change in to the outfit I had picked out,  a black shirt and a floral skirt. I borrowed the outfit from Alyssa and I've never given it back. I put on white lace toms and went out to the kitchen and my mom and Lou were there.

They greet me with good mornings and I sit at the table with my purse. I hear the doorbell and my heart beat quickens. I go to the door and open it to a smiling Keaton, he's wearing a meow snap back and a white v neck with black gym shorts. He's dressed way more casual than me and that makes me nervous. 

"You look gorgeous." He said smiling at me, his green eyes are shining and I blush

"Thank you." I say 

"Are your parents home?" He asks and I nod, he walks inside and I smile at how he is at ease with walking in without being invited. He walks into the kitchen and waves

"Hi Mr and Mrs Hoss!" He says they both say hello back

"Can you tell your parents that we said hello?" My mom asks, I know she's nervous that she hasn't met them yet.

"Of course." He says and nods. 

"We're gonna go! Bye guys!" I yell and they say good bye, Keaton shakes their hands before we walk out of the house. Somewhere from the walk to the car we started holding hands, I smile at how normal it is for us to hold hands now. We get into the back of the familiar car and I am greeted by Drew and Wes.

"Yo Rach!" Wes yells at me as he starts the car, I laugh at his nickname for me

"Hello!" I say and Drew smiles at me and Keaton's intertwined hands

"Skeater pan and Rach getting serious!" Drew yells and me and Keaton laugh together, his hand squeezing mine. As we drive Wes and Drew tell me embarrassing stories about Keaton and I laugh at them.

My nerves go away as we drive to go meet Keaton's parents.