Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Keaton was smiling at me and I didn't know what to say, should I say something? 

"Thank you." Was all I could tell him, I'm not quite sure wether I was thanking him for calming me down or for cor caring. I guess both.

"It's no problem." Keaton nodded his head at me sweetly.

Wesley came over with a few waters in his hand and he handed one to me and one to Keaton, I told him thank you and he responded sweetly. I drank the water bottle Wesley gave me and let the cool water settle in my stomach.  I watched as Keaton's throat flexed when he swallowed the water, he was so perfect.

"Do you think you can stand now?" Keaton asked me when he was done drinking his water. I didn't want to stand I just wanted to sit with him forever but I knew I was being sefish.

"I think so." I told him nodding my head. Keaton grabbed my arms and helped me up, his touch sent strange chills through my body.

"Do you feel fine?" Keaton asked still holding my arms. I nodded my head and he let go of me, I was hurt by the fact he let go. Which is stupid because why would he keep holding onto me? I was relieved when Keaton wrapped his arm around my back, he at me as if to ask if it was okay. I smiled at him in return.

"Are you good Rachel?" I hear Alyssa ask me, I look over at her and as excited as she should be about seeing the boys she looks more worried about me.

"Yeah I think so." I say smiling at her.

"Well we gotta give you guys something." Drew says to all of us. 

"Give us something?" Kylie speaks up which surprises me, she's usually so quiet.

"Do you guys want to come back stage and watch the show so you don't have to worry about crowds?" Wesley asks us. Oh my god, of course I would love to go back stage but there's no way I could accept this. My friends all looked at me waiting for my answer.

"That's very sweet of you guys but I don't want to bother you guys more than I already have-"

"It's no bother, I promise." Keaton interrupts me smiling at me.

I can't help but smile back, "Well I guess if it's really no bother." I feel extremely rude accepted this offer but I can't exactly turn it down. 

"Great." Keaton says looking me in the eyes, I smiled at him.

"We have to get warmed up but we'll leave you in the hands of Ranel." Wesley says to us and nods toward the man that just got out of the bus. Drew walked over and began explaining everything to Ranel.

"I'm glad you're okay Rachel." Keaton says so that only I can hear, my name suddenly sounds poetic coming out of his mouth. 

"Thanks for everything." I say smiling at him trying to ignore the heat in my cheeks. 

"Lets go!" Drew and Wesley yell at Keaton he nods at them and says good bye to all of us, then leaves with the rest of the boys around the bus. I have no idea where they're going but I don't hear any screams so they must not be in front of a crowd.

Ranel nods at us and leads us into the bus and through a few doors out to the side of the stage. There a few stools waiting for me and my friends, it's weird how this all turned out. Weird but fortunate. We sat down on the stools and waited for the boys to come on stage. They had opened the gates and I could hear people in the audience but I couldn't see them, I guess they couldn't see me either. My thoughts wandered to the green eyed boy that held my hand in his today, he was so good looking, even more so in person. 

"Hello? Earth to Rachel?" I hear Kylie say breaking me out of my trance.

"Oh yeah?" I ask looking at my friends, they must have asked me something.

"I said isn't this crazy?" Alyssa said repeating herself. I nodded at her and smiled, this was more than crazy it was unbelievable.

I heard my friends talk beside me but I couldn't engage myself in conversation, my mine kept going back to how Keaton's arm felt around my back. I looked across stage and was surprised to see the three boys backstage. Keaton's eyes met mine and he smiled at me waving, I felt my heart leap as I waved back. Wesley hit his little brother playfully over the head and I giggled at their interaction. Me giggling? I never giggle. The boys went on stage and all the girls screamed for them, they sang a few songs and I tried to ignore the heat in my cheeks when I would see Keaton looking at me. The boys finished up their show and the girls screamed for them still, it was crazy. I was so glad to have been able to go. My phone vibrated and I looked at it to see a text from my mom

Is it over yet? How was it? :-)

I hurried to text her back,

It was great actually! So much to tell you.

"Did you like the show?" Keaton's voice surprised me and I nearly dropped my phone, he laughed at my response and I laughed awkwardly with him. 

"You're great.... I mean it was great! You guys are so great!" I exclaimed trying to recover. Why am I so awkward.

Keaton laughed and thanked me, my phone vibrated and I checked the text from my mom

I''ll be there in about 10 minutes!

"Do you have a ride home?" Keaton asked me

"Yeah my mom's coming to get us." I explained to him, his face fell for a second but he smiled at me.

"Thank you so much for everything Keaton it means a lot." I told him and my friends threw in a few thank yous to him as well, the other boys were no where to be seen. Keaton must have gone out of his way to say good bye to me, the thought made me blush. 

"I've got to get going know, thanks again." I said to him and me and my friends turned to leave.

"Wait! Would it be inappropriate if I asked for your number?" Keaton said shyly, i felt my cheeks get hot and my stomach get butterflies as i turned back around to him.

"Of course you could have my number." I told him, he seemed relieved that I didn't turn him down. Keaton fumbled to get his phone out of his jeans pocket and open up a new contact, I stifled a laugh at his clumsiness. 

"Okay what is it?" He asked, I gave him my number with a nervous voice and he smiled.

"Thanks Rachel, it was great to meet you." He said surprising me and pulling me into a hug, I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders, he smelt amazing, not like cologne but like a specific smell  couldn't place. Keaton let go off me and nodded his head. Me and my friends began our walk back to get picked up by my mom, the whole time they asked about Keaton. I couldn't answer any of their questions, I didn't even know the answer.