Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Keaton looked at me with wide eyes "Is that okay?" He asks, I'm not actually sure whether or not my parents were going to be okay with Keaton coming home with us but I might as well ask.

"I'll ask." I tell him and he smiles and nods.

My friends come over and I walk away from the talking group to call my mom.

"Hello?" I hear her on the other line.

"Mom Keaton's ride is stuck in traffic, can he come over for a little bit?" I ask nervously

"Of course!" My mom surprises me and says.

I thank her and tell her we're about to leave. I walk back over to the group and Keaton's green eyes meet mine.

"She says its fine." I tell Keaton and he smiles.

"I'm gonna drop you two off first then Kylie then Alyssa." Kyle announces to us, he usually drops me off first anyways. We all walk out of the Taco Bell and Keaton's hand finds mine as we walk to the car. We all pile in again and Kyle start the car.

"You guys look so cute back there I have to take a picture!" Kylie says to me and Keaton, I look up at Keaton and he seems fine with it

"Okay." I say laughing

"Let me see your phone." Kylie says and I hand her my phone, she holds it up and tells us to smile. To my surprise Keaton puts his arm around me and smiles, I smile for the picture and Kylie gives me my phone back. Keaton doesn't move his arm and I'm glad.

"Can you send me that?" Keaton asks nervously, I smile at how cute he is.

"Of course." I say and he smiles, I send the picture to him and he thanks me.

I'm nervous to be one on one with Keaton, even though I really won't be because my parents will be home. We pull up to my house too soon, and I'm suddenly embarassed by the neighborhood I live in. I don't live in a very nice area and my house is pretty small.

"Your house is nice." Keaton says to me as if sensing my embarassment, I smile at him and he smiles back. Kylie and Steven move over to let us out.

"Thanks for everything, nice meeting you guys!" Keaton says to all of them, everybody responds politely and I say goodbye and they drive off. Now it's just me, Keaton, and my parents. 

Keaton looks down at me and smiles "Thanks for taking me today, it was really fun. And the church thing was different." He said laughing, I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"Lets go inside?" I say and he nods, taking my hand. I blush at his contact and I lead him to my front door, I pull out my keys and let us inside. Immediately my dogs start barking. I have 2, a Chihuahua and a corgi. They run up and start jumping on Keaton, I expected him to be annoyed but he bent down and started petting them. I smiled at how cute he was and he looked up and met my gaze. He looks at me with wide eyes and I have to admit I love the way he looks at me.

"Hey Rachel!" I hear my mom call from the living room. 

"Hey mom!" I yell back, I'm not sure whether I should show Keaton around or not.. Do people even do that anymore? Keaton grabs my hand and the gesture calms me down, but also makes my heart beat faster. I lead Keaton into the living room where my mom and Lou are watching tv in their pj's. Keaton doesn't let go of my hand as he speaks,

"Hello." He says in a cute voice, even a word from Keaton can sound so charming. My parents give a polite hello back.

"I'm going to show Keaton around really quick." I say to my parents and they nod their head, I'm surprised they are so chill about me showing a boy around. I haven't had many serious boyfriends so I've never really been in this position before. But Keaton also isn't my boyfriend.. Is he? As we stand in my house hand in hand I'm not sure.