Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I lay in bed and feel my tears wet my hair. Everything got so out of hand tonight, I don't blame Keaton fro pushing me. It was an accident, I know he would never purposely hurt me. What I couldn't get over was the look on Keaton's face when they pulled him off Ken. He didn't look like the Keaton I had come to know, his face was contorted in anger. He looked like he could kill someone, really kill someone.

I know he was angry at Ken, I was too but Keaton could've killed him. I can't be with Keaton if that's how he is when he's angry. I went into my house after Keaton had left so suddenly, I wondered why he left so fast. When my parents asked how the night was of course I had to lie to them and say it was great. I changed my clothes and now here I am, lying in my bed on a Saturday night staring at my ceiling. Keaton had texted me 3 times and called me twice, he left a voicemail, so much for "time to think."

I haven't checked my phone yet, I plan to though. I reach for my phone and take a deep breath before reading the messages.

Rachel I'm so sorry for what happened tonight, I really hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

I know I promised to give you time but I just want you to know that I'm sorry, and that I would do anything to go back in time and fix all my mistakes. Every single one.

I know I'm probably being annoying right now but I just want you to know how I feel, please answer the phone.

I cry as I read his messages, I want to forgive him but I need to know that I can trust him before anything happens.. I listen to his voice mail

Rachel I'm sorry. I can't stop thinking about where we would be if we had skipped that party. We could've been at the lake, or at your house. I would've smiled at you and you would have smiled back, you wouldn't be afraid of me and I would be able to touch you without feeling guilty.. I know I promised to give you time but I lied, I can't leave you alone and let you think. I have to know if we're okay.. I have to know if you feel the same way about me. 

The voicemail cuts off. I can tell Keaton was crying as he recorded the voicemail. His voice was cracking and he was pleading me to talk to him. I just want to hold him, to comfort him. To tell him it's alright. So I text him back

Come over tomorrow and we can talk.. And I do feel the same way about you Keaton, that hasn't changed.

I don't wait for him to text back before I silence my phone and fall asleep.

I dream the events of tonight over again, but without Keaton. Keaton never saved me. I was left with Ken, I woke up the next day in a cold sweat. I layed in bed and really thought about last night. Keaton saved me. Ken would've hurt me, raped me even if Keaton hadn't have stepped in. All i could see was the anger in him, it blinded me to the reason why he was angry.. He was angry because he knew Ken was trying to hurt me. 

I need to talk to Keaton, I check my phone. It's noon, I slept all day. I have a few messages from Keaton and one from Alyssa

Can I come over around 1?

I text Keaton back and tell him that's okay, then I read Alyssa's message.

We still on for today?

Oh no, I forgot I told Alyssa I'd go to the mall with her before church

I can't I'm sorry 

I hope she isn't angry with me for bailing. I get out of bed and take a quick shower, changing into shorts and a black v neck. I don't put on any makeup and I leave my hair naturally curly. I walk into the kitchen and just my mom is in their, Lou's working. We give eachother good mornings as I get some yogurt from the fidge.