Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"You look so beautiful." Keaton breathes out, I blush at his words.

"Thank you. You look good too." I say smiling at him, and it's true. Keaton's wearing a black button up and black skinny jeans, even in all black he still looks amazing.

"I have to grab my purse, then we can leave." I tell him

"I'll come in and say hi to your mom while you get it." Keaton says, I nod my head and let him come inside. It surprises me when he remembers where the kitchen is, I hear him greet my mother as I go down the hall to my room to get my purse. I have butterflies like crazy, I just hope this goes as well as last time.

I grab Keaton's leather jacket off the hanger I hung it on and walk out to the kitchen. Keaton and my mom were laughing as I walked in the kitchen, I'm glad Keaton get's along so well with my parents.

"Okay mom, I'll text you! Bye." I say kissing her cheek before me and Keaton leave.

"Thank you for letting me take her out again!" Keaton says to my mom and she nods her head. Me and Keaton go outside and I close the door behind us.

"Oh here's your jacket. I forgot to give it back." I say to Keaton holding the jacket out to him. Keaton takes the jacket then wraps it around my shoulders again.

"You wear it. I like the way you look in my jacket." Keaton says looking down at the ground, I can see pink forming in his cheeks. I smile at him as I put my arms through the jacket.

"I like wearing your jacket." I tell him and grab his hand, lacing our fingers. Keaton looks up and smiles shyly at me, then we start walking to the car. Keaton opens the door for me and I crawled into the  back of the clean car, Keaton following after me.

"Heeeey!" Wesley said to us, he was driving. 

"Hi Wes." I said to him, I don't really know what to say. I've never had a proper conversation with Wes or Drew. Wes starts the car and we pull out of my street.

"I'm glad you and Keaton are finally hanging out, he hasn't stopped talking about you once!" Drew said, Wesley laughed and I felt Keaton stiffen next to me.

"I don't talk about her all the time!" Keaton said, his cheeks getting pink. Despite his embarrassment Keaton put his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him. He looked down at me and smiled, I smiled back. 

I live right next to a lake, I figured we were going to eat something across the lake, where most restaurants are. I was surprised when Wesley parked the car in front of the lake.

"Where are we going to eat?" I ask Keaton.

Keaton's cheeks get pink as he speaks. "Well actually I bought us a pizza and brought a blanket, I thought we could eat by the lake."

Keaton looks at me with wide eyes and I smile "That sounds great" It's true, a night with Keaton eating by the lake sounds great. Keaton's smile widens.

"We're gonna head out." Wes says, trying to hurry Keaton up I guess.

"Let me just get the stuff out of the trunk." Keaton says and Wes nods. Keaton gets out of the car, I thank Wes for driving us before I get out and he responds politely. When I get out I see Keaton at the trunk getting a pizza box. I go and take the blanket from the trunk and Keaton grabs something else. It looks like a lantern, it makes sense to bring one since it's already dark outside.

Keaton hit the trunk with his hand and Wesley yells out a good bye before leaving us alone. Keaton looks at me and smiles

"You ready?"