Chapter 5

Chapter 5

When Keaton sees me his mouth forms a smile and he waves at me, I wave back at him and he starts walking over to us. It seems every step closer he gets my heart beats faster

"Oh my gosh he's coming over here." Alyssa says practically whispering to me. 

Keaton finally reaches us and I can tell he's not sure whether or not to hug me, he decides to go for it. I feel him wrap his arms around my neck and I wrap mine around his waist. I guess he didn't want to seem inappropriate and put his arms around my waist in front of my parents. He pulls away quickly from the friendly hug, my body was on fire from his touch.

I smiled at him and he smiled back sweetly, I was going to introduce him to my parents but he beat me to it.

"Hello ma'am I'm Keaton." He says shaking my mom's hand. She seems a bit surprised by him shaking her hand.

"I'm Heidi, Rachel's mom." My mom says shaking Keaon's hand, I can tell she likes him by how natural her voice sounds.

Keaton nods his head and turns to my step dad, most people are intimidated by my step dads size. He's a cop so he's well built and tall, Keaton seems unfazed by this as he reaches his hand out to him.

"Hello sir, I'm Keaton." 

Lou looks Keaton up and down and seemingly pleased, he shakes Keaton's hand.

"I'm Lou." Lou says plainly.

"I hope you don't mind me coming to church with you guys." Keaton says politely. And my mom nods her head

"It's no bother." She says to him "We're going to go inside, you guys can all sit together." My mom says taking Lou's hand.

"Alright, it's nice meeting you both." Keaton says and my mom agrees before saying goodbye to all of us. I wave at her as she and Lou walk towards the building.

Keaton turns around with a nervous smile on his face, I give him a smile back and his eyes seem to brighten.

"How are you?" He asks me sweetly

"I'm pretty good, you?" I respond nervously.

"I'm actually pretty nervous." Keaton says and I giggle at him which makes him chuckle. I turn and remember my friends are still there.

"Oh yeah Keaton, this is Kyle, Alyssa, Steven, and Kylie." I explain to him and he watches as I point them out, they all smile and some 'heys' are said.

"Do you want to go in now?" Keaton asks me, I almost forget that I actually have to go to church. I nod my head and Keaton surprises me and holds his arm out for me, he's actually a huge gentleman. I wrap my hands around his arm, slightly blushing as my group begins walking to the entrance. Keaton has no idea where he's going and I giggle as he almost leads me the wrong way.

He chuckles nervously as I lead him to the stairs to go sit in the upper area of the church. My friends all walk ahead of us and they are talking with eachother as me and Keaton walk behind them. Some people turn to look at us, some may recognize Keaton or some may just recognize me and wonder why I'm walking attached to a boy. A good looking boy for that matter.

We make it to our usual seat and we fill up the row. Keaton sits awkwardly in the seat and I laugh at him

"What?" He asks chuckling lightly, his green eyes meeting mine

"You're just kind of really adorable." I say blushing, Keaton smiles at my words and surprises me when he puts his hand over my own that was resting on the arm chair. I look down at our hands and blush, when I look back up at him he's smiling at me.