29

twenty ninebefore- 121203, busan

twenty nine
before- 121203, busan

In the middle of the night, a young teenage girl found herself on the streets, with a sad heart and a throbbing face.

In the middle of the same night, a young teenage boy, the same age, found himself on the streets, with a dying heart and a bleeding stomach.

The two happened to cross paths for the first time, as if it were some type of fate.

The girl tripped over a leg, instantly stopping her from continuing down the dark streets of the fucked out town they lived in. Her eyes instantly shot down to the disturbance, and her stomach instantly began to swirl in fear and anxiety.

"Oh my god," the girl kneeled beside the curled up figure, her dainty fingers shaking at the sight of crimson flowing from the boy's side, blood already beginning to stain the cemented floor. Her heart trembled in her chest, and her widened eyes glanced over the face of the boy who blinked his eyes ever so slowly.

"W-what-How-How," he was young, very young. Probably the same age as she was, he was. He had a beautiful face, even if it were covered in darkening bruises, and one of his eye was practically swollen shut. She was so shocked at such a sight, and in fear of witnessing death before her eyes, she slowly pushed the boy so he was on his back.

She could have easily walked away and pretended like she didn't see anything, but she didn't have the heart to. She would regret it more than anything, she would feel as if she was the one to murder him. Since right now, she was given the chance to help. So she was going to.

She was beginning to feel nauseous at the sight and feeling of the boy's blood on the tips of her fingers, but she swallowed the rising bile and shakily started to take her phone out of her pocket. The boy let out a soft groan, causing her eyes to fly to his face, and he was staring, "H-hey, stay alive a little longer yeah? I'm gonna call the ambulance just wait a little longer. Please don't die. Please don't die," even if she wasn't that religious, she mumbled a small prayer under her breath with watery eyes.

It was difficult to see the number she began to type in her phone, everything was such a blur. She wasn't even able to press the call button, since a hand weakly gripped onto her wrist, causing her heart to race.

"Don't-don't call, I'm fine," she watched as he slowly tried to sit up, and she herself immediately grabbed onto him to help him in the slightest. The boy appreciated the effort, but she was weaker than he was at the moment and he was stabbed.

"You're gonna die-"

"I'm fine," his words came out harsh, yet low, and she tried not to show how squeamish she was when he spit out blood to his left. He groaned and gripped onto his bleeding side, eyes squeezing shut in agony.