02

twodoing greater things- 160115, busan

two
doing greater things- 160115, busan

Intoxicating puffs of smoke suffocated the cold night due to a young woman who sat on the metal steps in front of an old apartment. She inhaled the toxins slowly and peacefully, enjoying the quiet that enveloped the world.

She pulled the cuffs of the familiarly warm coat that was way too large for her small, pristine body to cover her numb hands. Dark circles hung under her eyes, but she was unable to sleep. She couldn't sleep, she missed him too much.

She missed having him by her side, and she hated having to give him up, but it was only for the best. She didn't want to continue it anymore, but it was slowly killing her deep down and keeping her awake all night thinking about his absence.

She would have to ignore his repeating calls, and she had to not let him in whenever he would beg for forgiveness outside her door sometimes. He needed help, and she couldn't help him. She knew he was only going to become worse if he stayed with her, since he wouldn't ever listen to her.

It was practically torture to not only him, but her.

She pulled her knees closer to her chest, resting an elbow on one of them and her cheek smudging against her hand. She closed her eyes softly with another sigh, the cigarette dangling from between her two fingers.

She immediately snapped her tired eyes back open though, when all she could picture was his dark eyes and light brown hair that covered his forehead. She knew that his coat she was wearing was only making her worse, only bringing a reminder that she let him go for a while until he was capable of being with her again.

"What are you doing out here?" A voice interrupted her train of thoughts. Ever so slowly she glanced up, acknowledging him. She lifted her shoulders and stretched her legs back out across the lower step.

"Just getting some fresh air," she mellowed and looked away from the piercing gaze of both her and her boyfriend's good friend, Namjoon. He softly sighed, walking closer until his feet were right in front of the short stairs.

"Fresh air my ass. It's freezing out here," he exaggeratedly shivered, "And what did I tell you? You shouldn't be smoking, smoking's bad for you, dumbass." She frowned as she watched him take the cigarette out of her lose grip, dropping it to the floor and crushing it with the tip of his boots.

"You're not my mother," she deadpanned, but didn't bother to pull out the full pack and lighter she kept in the front pocket of her coat.

"But I am your friend, who doesn't want to see you die from smoking for a stupid reason. So stop," he kneeled to her level and stuck his hand out, "Now give them to me."