14

fourteenprotection- 160204, busan

fourteen
protection- 160204, busan

The smallest droplets of crimson lay on the floor, heavy breathing and irritated grunts following in tow with the recent occurrence.

He took a step back, the corner of his lips tilting up in the slightest as he continued to stare. They both stared. She stared.

"Get out, Taehyung," her voice was low, her heart practically snapped in two at the sight of Jungkook and how similar he looked since the first time she found him on the streets.

The bruises were back, his body in a slant due to his broken ankle. It was as if Hyerin never took care of him in the first place.

Jungkook wiped under his nose, the crimson staining his fingers. He hissed in pain but not once did he take his glare off of him.

"I guess I'll take my leave for now," his eyes narrowed once before he turned his head to look at Hyerin. He took a step forward, she took one back.

"See you soon, princess," his lips twisted into a smile, and if it weren't for the past occurrence and his major change her heart would of fluttered.

But that didn't happen anymore. Her heart was full, and not once did she smile back at Taehyung. His smile slipped a little, but with a small, almost smug wave, he stormed out of the apartment with a loud thud.

Hyerin let out a breath of relief she didn't even realize she was holding in, and turned her full attention back to the boy.

She felt terrible, as if everything was her fault. Her heart hurt, and just looking at him made her feel like she was the one who got attacked.

She also felt extremely disgusting, the ghost of his lips were still felt on her lips and it made her want to scream. It didn't feel right, not at all.

Her eyes pricked with tears, her head turning to look at the guy who suffered because of her.

"Jungkook," she softened, taking a step closer to him. Taehyung got him good, she knew that he didn't stand a chance. Taehyung was strong, more than ten times stronger due to Jungkook's injury.

With delicate fingers, she gripped onto his chin, watching his eyes flutter shut. He was silent, deadly silent.

She stared at him, her gaze running over the new bruises and the now dried blood under his nose.

She wasn't worry over anything else in the moment. Not worried about herself or Taehyung whatsoever.

Her heart was worried for the boy whose been staying with her for such a short period of time, yet the amount of time they've known eachother went unnoticed due to the both of them already being too deep in each other's hearts.

"Jungkook," she repeated, and slowly his eyes fluttered back open to meet with hers, "Are you, are you okay?" She broke eye contact.

"Why am I even asking that, of course you aren't," she spoke lowly to herself, causing Jungkook to let out the slightest laugh.

He was hurting yes, both his heart and his body, but he wasn't going to be cold towards the girl he slowly grew to like just because he was in pain.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he tried to smile, "Don't worr-"

He was cut off by the slight raise of Hyerin's voice, catching him by surprise, "God Dammit, Jungkook. You were so close to being better. Well, sort of. Your bruises not your ankle, but now look at you. Back to square one," she sighed, her hand dropping from his chin.

"Shouldn't I get a thank you?" he ignored her and instead rose an eyebrow, a smile still on his lips. He didn't want her to know how much he hurt.

She didn't understand how he was now okay, he was more than mad before. Then she remembered, the whispering she heard between Taehyung and Jungkook. What did he say?

She paused, her lips down in a frown as she voiced her thoughts, "What did he say to you?"

And just like that, his smile dropped. There was a long pause, his eyes on the floor and hers on his face. Maybe it was best to wait a little, since it did just occur ten minutes ago at the least.

It was him, it was Taehyung who he caught that one night. It was too much of a coincidence he didn't want to believe it.

The image of Taehyung tangled in the sheets, sweat glistening against exposed skin, and a symphony of explicit sounds of his once lover and once friend echoing off the wall.

His hands clasped and unclasped, disgusted. He squeezed his eyes shut again, inhaling sharply through his nose. He just wanted to know, why?

"Too soon," she interrupted him, "Sorry."

"I don't think you want to know," he muttered. She was already mentally in pain due to everything that happened to Taehyung. Telling her that Taehyung cheating, even if she more than likely had a clue by now, was only going to add to the fire.

"Later."

There was another long pause, the both of them taking in the situation in a silence.

Hyerin was upset with herself, upset at the fact that she was too weak to take care of herself. Maybe if she was mentally strong enough to not open the door, maybe none of this would've happened.

Maybe if she was strong enough to remove his lips from hers, the beautiful boy wouldn't have been abused.

"You should've just stayed sitting, I could've handled it," it was a lie that even she knew, but the shame she felt inside was too strong to withhold.

"That didn't seem to be the case," he was annoyed at her words, "You would've been forced to suck faces with that asshole." The memory of catching that happening added to the burning in his chest.

She was almost as disgusted as him because of that.

"Yeah," she mumbled, "Thanks for that." He just nodded slightly.

"Are you okay?" He asked her this time, and almost mockingly he took a step forward and grasped her chin, pulling her face closer. She was surprised at the closeness, forced to stare.

"No," her heart hurt, "It.....hurts to see you like this again. So much."

Finally, he actually smiled and caught her by surprise for the second time.

In such a swift movement, ignoring the pain, Jungkook's arms snaked around her waist, pulling her close until her head rested against his chest. Her eyes widened, but she made no effort to pull away.

After what happened, the slightest sort of comfort made her smile herself, and with a warm heart she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

"Yes, stop worrying," he hummed, "I'm fine. Everything will be fine. I won't let anything happen anymore, to either of us, I promise."

At his words, she continued to smile, even if deep down she knew that his words were only for comfort.

Deep down, she knew his promise was bound to be broken.

I'm on a roll yeeeeee