92

Katie's pov

"I'm home!" I yell. I'll admit it's pretty late to be yelling, but I can't wait to tell everyone I scored my first goal.

"Taylor?" I yell. No response.

"Taylor, you home?" I yell again. I hear footsteps approach but I see Taylor.

"Katie, I'm trying to sleep. What do you want?" Taylor asks, rubbing his eyes.

"I just wanted-"

"You know what? I need sleep. Whatever it is, I'm sure it can wait." He sighs, going back to his room.

"Yea." I whisper to myself. I grab a water bottle from the fridge, and go to the balcony, leaning on the railing and looking at the city lights. I check my phone, and see that I'm getting called a cheater all over twitter. This has to be why Luke is mad at me. And I don't know how to fix it.

"Katie? You should be resting." I feel a hand on my shoulder. I don't need to turn around to know it's Luke. Although his voice is low, his hands are always warm. It's something I caught on to. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Katie?" Luke asks, gently turning me around. I don't open my eyes, I can't face him. Which is actually funny because I'm literally facing him.

"I'm not mad at you Katie. I know you didn't intentionally kiss that guy." He tells me. I open my eyes.

"I was mad. And I thought you were back with Arzaylea already and I knew people would probably take pictures. It was wrong but I love you Luke. Only you." I tell him.

"Truth is, I did see her that night. And I did kiss her. But she only made me realize that she's not you. And I need you. I love you." Luke tells me.

"We're really messed up. We're unstable as a couple." I admit, letting myself into his embrace.

"I know." He says, rubbing my back.

*

"What did you want to tell me last night?" Taylor asks, getting ready for practice with the Flyers.

"I scored my first goal." I say quietly, looking at my cereal.

"Katie, I'm-"

"Save it, Taylor. You're a big shot now, you don't need me." I wave him off, dropping my spoon in the bowl and going to my room. Luke is still sleeping, so I avoid crying or anything. I take a deep breath. I think of things I can do to get my mind off of things. I don't think I'm going to the Flyers game tonight. If Taylor won't go to my games, why should I go to his?

For now, I settle on getting a shower. Once I do that, and I'm dressed, I go back to the living room because Taylor left and everyone else is still sleeping. I pace the room, trying to think of healthy ways to clear my mind, because alcohol isn't the way to go.

"What's wrong?" Luke asks, rubbing his eyes.

"Nothing." I smile. He sees through me.

"Get ready, we're gonna take a ride to Jersey." Luke says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I know that taking a ride clears your mind."

*

We ended up taking a ride around 6, turns out the ride was to Wells Fargo.

"I don't want to see him play." I tell Luke for the 800th time.

"We're going to support not only him, but the team. You know, you played with Cousins and Ghost too." Luke tells me, opening my door for me. He he a point. I sigh, agreeing.

We make it in on time, and it's a pretty loud game tonight. By the end of the first we're losing 1-0. In the second we tie it up, and Taylor takes a penalty.

Flyers win the game, seven game win streak.

"We can go now." I tell Luke. He sighs, grabbing my hand.

We get out, and to the car. But Luke doesn't start it.

"Don't." I tell him. I can already tell he wants to say something about this whole situation.

"Katie.." He sighs.

"I don't want to hear it Luke. I just don't." I tell him, looking out the window. He shuts up, and starts he car. We get to the loft and he heads straight to bed. I take this as my chance to leave.

I pack some clothes, and needs. I then leave the loft, not looking back.