68

Katie's pov

I was to go on in three minutes. Tonight's outfit was a lot more my style. It was a white shirt with black shorts underneath.

"Katie." I heard my cue. I grabbed my mic, and walked on stage. I heard a lot of boos.

"Hey guys, I'm Katie and-" I started, but the booing became overwhelming. That's all you could literally hear. I saw a sign saying "Katie is fake" and "Katie never loved Luke".

"This is Work From Home by Fifth Harmony." I said. I ignored the booing but by the time the song was over, I found this performance pointless. I put the mic on the stand and walked off stage.

"Katie what the hell are you doing?" Ashton asked.

"Not finishing." I shrugged, kicking off the heels and grabbing my sneakers.

"You can't just do that. Go back. Say you felt nervous or something." Calum said.

"They don't want me." I laughed, grabbing as much stuff as I could that was mine. I had a good amount, considering I had to bring my hockey gear too.

"Will you stop and listen?" Luke yelled.

"Why should I, Luke? They all hate me because I said we're not dating. Which was your decision. Why is dating you so hard?" I yelled, stopping myself. He stayed quiet.

"It isn't professional to do what you just did." Michael calmly said. I looked to Emily and Jessa for advice but they kept their heads down.

"Good thing this isn't my profession." I said, leaving.

*
I sat on the bench. Although I knew I had to get my two hours of practice in, I couldn't concentrate. My eyes are red from tears.

I skated over to the puck and shot it, missing the net more than five times. I sighed deeply, I didn't have enough energy to care. I did my skate warmups, stretches, and drills. I have another hour of practice to do though.

I concentrated more this time, but still failed to score.

"Katie Smith? Is that you? You've missed more than ten shots." I heard Calum's voice. I rolled my eyes, turning to face him.

"What do you want Calum?"

"To figure out what the hell is going on." He said. I played around with the puck for a little, avoiding eye contact.

"I thought I could handle this, I don't think I can." I admitted.

"We have a whole week, Katie." Calum sighed. We head to France next. I shot the puck harder this time.

"Look Calum, no one wants me to perform. What's the point? There's not one of your fans who like me." I said.

"That's not true, in fact, We Love K. Smith is trending on twitter." Calum said.

"I'll try Calum. You know I always do, but I can't guarantee anything."

*

We landed in France an hour ago. We have a show tonight.

"Can we talk?" Luke quietly asked. I shrugged. We hadn't spoken since our fight.

"I didn't know you wanted to announce that we are dating." Luke said.

"We waited so long for this, Luke. And now that it's finally real, we're still keeping it private." I said.

"What matters is how we feel, though. Not them." Luke said.

"You make this so complicated." I said, sighing.

"Well you do too." He said. I could tell he was smiling. I didn't even need to be looking at him. I sighed again, turning to face him.

"You're an idiot." I smiled.